Skip to content

Ranger spell table

I have started a playthrough with a Beastmaster. To be able to cast spell sooner (and particularly in BG1), I planned to use the Tweak which changes the ranger spell table to the one of IWD. It means that the ranger starts with a lvl 1 spell at level 6 and not level 8. But a close look to the table shows that in the next levels, the IWD table gives less spells than the BG one. But there is of course the possibility of getting spells until level (and even 6 but at level 30).
What would you advise ? WHich one according to your experience is the best ? The idea was to be able to cast before level 8 the Animal Summoning I spell (not that it is very efficient, but for the flavor of it ...).

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you are using the IWD spell table for ranger then you are going to get way more spells than you would in the bg series, in BG2 the ranger maxes out at 3 slots for levels 1,2,3

in IWD they max out at 5 slots for levels 1,2,3,4 and 3 slots for level 5 and 1 slot for level 6

so obviously the IWD one is better when it comes to more spell casting for a ranger so its really up to which one you prefer
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Thanks a lot @sarevok57

My Beast master has just attained level 6, and to my disappointment, has indeed received a 1st level spell, but not the Animal Summoning I one. I guess this is coded in two different places... so I will have to wait for level 8 to be able to summon wolves ...
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2021
    Mxsplran.2da gives the spell progression for rangers.

Clabra0x.2da gives the unique kit abilities. The monster spells are given by GA_spra304/305/306. I can not recall the x value for beastmasters but it should be easy enough to check with a modding tool.
    Thanks a lot @lroumen . I do not really know how to use modding tool but I am going to try to learn.