Skip to content

[v1.67] Kale, a Halfling Barbarian for BG:EE, SoD and EET

Comments

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Skitia wrote: »
    Thanks for playing the mod and reporting these bugs, I updated the mod to 1.61 to address all of these issues.
    I just started a new playthrough with Kale (V1.62), Recorder (V1.42) and Helga (V1.5) in my party, and the bug with Miriam seems to be still there sadly.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    Probably because the escape trigger was given to the wrong person. Should be (finally) fixed now.
    Hello, I just encountered a strange bug with Kale on the Ice Island :
    When Tellan asks the party to give him Shandalar's cloak, Kale tells him that a fellow never gives up his cloak, and just after that Kale turns hostile against the party instead of Tellan.
    Whoops. I'll go fix that in the next update. Thanks for pointing it out.
    You're welcome !
    This is updated to 1.64:
    -Kale should no longer hostile you when you talk to Tallen.
    edited February 2021
    Once again Kale didn't appear in the Elfsong tavern in SoD, but I was able to recrut him outside the Ducal Palace.
    I broke programming rule #101, which is overusing global variables. It uses the same one for BG:EE...so would work fine in an SoD only game but not a BG:EE->SoD one.
    Kale 1.65:
    -Now the SoD spawn bug is actually fixed for BG:EE transition playthroughs.
    Nice !
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I recently completed a playthrough of BG1 with my game book club and Kale as well as all of your mods were very well received.

Recorder, Helga, Vienxay, Kale, Emily NPCs: Skitia's BG1 NPCs and very high in quality. No one took one of these NPCs with them for their final party, but I think everyone took at least some of Skitia's NPCs part of the way through the story. Except Emily. Two people took Emily and really liked her. Very much worth it even if you don't plan on taking them, for the little sidequests and texture to the world. These are going on every install of mine in the future.
    edited January 2022
    Hello,

I'm pretty sure it's a bug in my install order but just in case, I have a strange thing with Kale's Ward ability description :
    tah6vv2dlvjt.jpg
    Nope, it's a me error. I uploaded a new version 1.66 to correct for it.

i can't update since I installed SCS, DoF and some tweaks mod after Kale.

Is there a file I could edit myself to correct it please ?
    If you are brave you'd have to go edit the string library directly. I would say leave it as is, but if you really want the text gone I'd sooner recommend reinstalling it than editing the string library. If you have Kale in BG2, the text will fortunately be corrected there.
    I will follow your advice then and leave it as it is. It's just cosmetic and no big deal.

As always thank you for your quick updates and answers.
    edited January 2022
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Thanks for playing the mod and reporting these bugs, I updated the mod to 1.61 to address all of these issues.
    I just started a new playthrough with Kale (V1.62), Recorder (V1.42) and Helga (V1.5) in my party, and the bug with Miriam seems to be still there sadly.
    Sorry to say that but this bug is still there on Kale 1.65.

Also, I can't ask Kale about Helga or Recorder :
    3whq14dou21e.jpg
    Post edited by Trouveur on
    I half-fixed it, I missed the other instance, the other line must have been triggered that wasn't fixed. It should be fully fixed now.

I never went back to add Helga and Recorder to that branch of dialogue, (Kale is older than those mods.) I went ahead and did that.

So 1.67 should have both of those adjusted.
    Nice to know, it will be a good excuse to do a new run with Kale later. ;)
    Hi, I was wondering if having some crossmod banters for your NPC with Ascalon's Breagar would be conceivable ?
    I can, it's just a matter of reaching out, though I need to play the NPC to get a good understanding of them first.
    I can, it's just a matter of reaching out, though I need to play the NPC to get a good understanding of them first.
    Yes I understand. Breagar is currently maintained by Jastey.
    Kale have a specific banter when the party enters Firewine outside area.

But he repeats it again if the party afterward enters Firewine dungeon from Gullykin's temple.

and if PID in this dungeon, he repeats again the same banter.
    uq3dpuscs4jd.jpg
    I couldn't replicate this one.

But if it's an issue, you can use:

SetGlobal("X3KaleFire","GLOBAL",2)

For whatever reason Kale isn't firing that variable adjustment for you.
    Thank you, indeed this variable was still set to 1 in my game.
    I'm now in SoD with Kale, and when I ask him about our companions, I get this :
    rxwlpwlbpvae.jpg
    Emily is not installed in this game and of course not in the party. Kale seems to take Breagar for Emily.
    Thanks, it actually mistakenly checked for Kale instead of Emily. It is fixed now.
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Hi, I think I've spotted a minor platform-related bug: in ..\Kale\Translations\English there are

X32KBro.tra

and

X32KBRO.tra

Which of course conflicts in Windows, since it's not case sensitive. Luckily enough the file contains the same string (and same MD5), so no in-game issue.
    I'll delete one from github, thanks for letting me know.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    Hmm did Kale get a new Portrait with one of the latest Updates cause it's not his usual one? Could you maybe include his Old Portrait as a Secondary Install Option?
    edited August 2022
    The old one is still in his portrait folder actually. If you prefer it, just rename it to match the new file name, then drag and drop into override.

At some point I'll create an altportrait folder so you can just drag and drop without renaming, or a secondary install option.