Skip to content

Changing Forest & Winter tilesets to use Facelift versions

I have a large existing module that currently uses the standrd Forest and Rural Winter tilesets. I'd like to switch these areas to use the new Facelift versions that are now available to all players. I can see that there is now an option that allows players to switch to Facelift versions automatically, but am I right in assuming that only works for official modules and DLC?

What's going to be the easiest way for me to implement this in my module? Is there a tool available that I can use?

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Those were implented as standalone tilesets as part of the core assets. They were not meant to override existing content, but to give builders two options (of course, I could be talking completely out of my ass on this). If you wish to override your Forest and Winter Tileset, the easiest way would be to download the Vault Community versions and set them as haks (assuming you're not using the CEP, and if so it doesn't change too much other than an order sequence). I suppose there is another way, but that's the easiest way from my experience.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    If the facelift tilesets are a 1:1 mapping of the original (which I don't know for sure) you can simply change the tileset code in the .are file for an existing area using GFF edit.

I did this to convert an original rural area to original rural winter.

As always, back up your module first!

With the module open in the toolset, the .are file will be available in folder modules/temp0. After the edit, make some trivial change in the toolset, save the module, then reopen it to review the changes.