Skip to content

Quick Question on BCS

CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
I don't recall and my tests are probably failing for some other reason.

Do edited BCS files require a new game to load and run correctly?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im going to go with; yes

so for example, lets say you started a new game in candlekeep and then saved the game

then you did some modding stuff that affected candlekeep

when you go to reload you will notice no new changes

that is because when you save a game, the game will save the data on how it was when you first got there, so if you save your game will you where in candlekeep there will be no changes

however, if you makes changes in new areas that you have not been to, then those new changes should take effect once you encounter them, although again, once you save your game with those new changes, then those "new" changes will be saved and you will not be able to change those "changes" unless you make a new game
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited May 2021
    BCS files are not included in the saved game. For an edit in them to go into effect, you need to quit and restart the game - but not to start from the beginning of the campaign.

For example, back during my non-spellcasting run, I edited Shar-Teel's combat script so she could automatically hide in shadows or detect traps after dual-classing her to thief. That worked just fine as a mid-stream change.