Skip to content

Noticed bug in hits and misses of NWN:EE OC

Recently I started a new playthrough of the NWN:EE OC. During the encounter with the Bloated Dire Spider I noticed that a roll of 11 would count as a hit, whereas a roll of 12 would be a miss. Is this a bug? I just noticed this during this specific encounter. Picture is attached as proof.

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited May 2021
    @Marakûl60

While in the game, hit the Tilde ~ key before typing each of these commands: DebugMode 1 followed by dm_enablecombatdebugging 1, then start your next combat encounter. Another idea would be to restart the same encounter with the Bloated Dire Spider after using the aforementioned commands. The chat window at the bottom of the screen should display a more detailed log of all the modifiers (both positive and negative) factoring into your attack rolls. Would you upload a screenshot with those findings, please? You may also report this issue to Beamdog here if you wish. Good luck.

Something else worth mentioning, I noticed in the screenshot you took that Initiative was rolled at the beginning of every combat round instead of only the first. Besides saving during combat, do you know if you had your character perform any action that would have immediately taken him/her out of combat before resuming combat? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    edited May 2021
    Marakûl60 wrote: »
    Recently I started a new playthrough of the NWN:EE OC. During the encounter with the Bloated Dire Spider I noticed that a roll of 11 would count as a hit, whereas a roll of 12 would be a miss. Is this a bug? I just noticed this during this specific encounter. Picture is attached as proof.

Based on your screenshot, I would say your first attack caught the spider "off-guard".

This spider has an AC of 16, and a dexterity of 17, which means 3 of its AC points are from dexterity.

It loses these 3 points when it is "flat-footed", which would lower its AC to 13, allowing a total of 14 to score a hit.

I'm not sure where you found a horse, but, I imagine after that first hit you ran away, managed to avoid any of its attacks, while it pursued you at its full armor class. Since you have +2 to hit, that means you would need to roll a 14 or better not to miss.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited September 2021
    @Symphony

I would like to apologize. I misinterpreted what you posted about the spider's AC while in pursuit of the OP's character during combat. Yes, a roll of 14 or better would be needed not to miss in that circumstance. You were right, and I was wrong. I still want to know how someone can get a horse in the base game, and how they can attack from range while mounted. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on