Skip to content

NWN:EE Chat/Log Colors

Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
I’m trying to find a way to change the font color in the game log with all the running activities. Specifically the disarm trap roll (I think this is any skill check; taunt etc) that shows your roll and trap difficulty and wether you succeeded or not. How can I change that color to Red cuz the Blue is hard on my young eyes?
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    For messages your scripts generate, StringToRGBString changes the colour.

The same applies to Bioware scripts, if you use a decent text editor to find all references then recompile them.

Not so easy with engine messages (from memory, disarm trap roll might be an example). One thing you could try (in the development version only, for now) is SetTlkOverride. If you can find the strings that make up the message using a TLK Editor, you should now be able to change their colour. However, there may be elements - numbers, for example - whose colour is hard-coded, I'm not sure.

Others may know better.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    @Proleric Well I’m playing on NWN:EE mobile so I don’t think there is any way to discover that string. It’s the engine messages where it shows pause/unpause etc. What is that box called?
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    edited May 2021
    I found some stuff online and hope someone can confirm I’m on the right track. Below is what I think I’m trying to do…

1. What I’m trying to change in chat/log messages window:

[category:Script_directory:skills and feats]

2. The color script:

string StringToRGBString(
    string sString,
    string sRGB
    );

3. The actual COLOR:

rgb(178,32 ,167 )
    hex #b220a7
    hsl(305°, 70%, 41%)
    RGBString 514