Skip to content

Suggestion: New layout of the chat menu for the single-user pod.

Our community has written an open letter
Dear Trent Oster and the Beamdog Team

This is a proposal for improving NWN!

New layout of the chat menu for the single-user module. It will be much more convenient for the player to see it in the center, without the separator that limited the view.

The original layout can be left for multiplayer mode.

What are your thoughts on the new look for the chat menu?
dq7ssx6yb9ck.jpg
fouiuoe9wzc4.jpg

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Maybe as an option it would be okay. I would ignore it either way.
  • RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    Honestly, if they put any amount of work into the UI, I would say scrap the old UI and go with the NUI (new UI) allow us to have a modern UI experience like in most MMORPG's, where all pieces of the UI are modular and you can hide/show and reposition as you please, as well as 'anchor'(lock) and unlock pieces to float around if needed. The hotbar for spells/actions should not be anchored to the chat, they should all be separate pieces that you can position or hide/show as you see fit.
  • VictorixxxVictorixxx Member Posts: 20
    Rifkin wrote: »
    I would say scrap the old UI and go with the NUI (new UI)

I think the developers will never do this. The change in the game engine, judging by the development trend ЕЕ of the edition, is not what they want to do :/

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    edited May 2021
    I've never thought the UI in this game needed changing. As I was playing after reading the initial post, I realized how annoying I would find it if the chat and combat logs were in the center. I usually have the chat log pulled up as high as it will go, and the combat log to about a third of that. In the center would pretty much cover my character.