Skip to content

Easy guide to making custom henchmen?

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
im looking for a way/guide on how to make henchmen for the module im working on

so far i couldn't find anything useful on the interwebs on creating henchmen for modules and making it so they actually do stuff

does anyone know either where i can find an EASY to understand tutorial or can just help me out in general?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so i actually looked at this, and its not quite what im looking for, i want to be able to make henchmen that grow up levels the way i want them to, and to learn different feats and skills as apposed to the "default packages"
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    Well, to do something that meets your exact requirements, you'll need to customise the basic approach.

Bespoke modding requires some basic scripting skills and an understanding of how 2da files work, for which there are tutorials on the Vault.

The key here is the LevelUpHenchman function.

You just need to change what happens when that function is called OnPlayerLevelUp.

You can define new packages in packages.2da which reference your preferred skills and feats in custom packft*.2da and packsk*.2da files (and one of the default packeq*.2da files for good order - it's not used for henchmen so anything will do).

If you want the henchmen to multiclass, for example, you will need to tell the function which class to use every time.

The starting point is to define clearly how you want the henchmen to grow levels - almost anything is possible.
    sarevok57Zwerkules