Skip to content

Baldurs Gate2 EE- Autocasting?

Hello,
today after many many years I installed again my favourite game BDG2 but in EE version. All seems fine exept one thing- my characters and my main auto casting spells. I dont remember such thing in previous edition, its confusing and very not welcome. Is there way to put it back to non-auto cast? I checked options and such, but here is nothing about such option... help?

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    On character record, click Customize, Script and then choose one that you fancy.. or customize the advanced AI one, which is one of my favorite EE additions.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    One of the updates made by the EE was more powerful and customizable AI scripts for the party members. By default, these scripts cast some spells. Such as, for a commonly seen example, a mage with no stoneskins active and an instance of the spell memorized will cast it whenever there's a free moment.

You can choose among a number of predefined scripts for each party member, or specify all the details using the "Advanced AI" button. I usually use that "advanced" AI and disable all of the automatic casting when I play.

These choices are individual for each character. You can also disable all AI for the party with one of the buttons on the main screen.