Skip to content

I want the old shield animations/avatars, that came originally with Infinity Engine.

krikkertKRIkrikkertKRI Member Posts: 19
So, I just noticed that BG 2: EE doesn't have the old shield designss/avatars, as they did in BG1 and IWD (before the expansion), when they changed the looks of the shields to crazy shapes. That's not a good look. It never was. It's so aestethically bad that I'm having second thoughts about doing one last playthrough.

IWD : EE has the old shields restored (small = round shield, medium = heater shield and large = tower/rectangle shield. Why didn't Beamdog do the same with BG 2 : EE ?

If I recall, there was a mod for the games before Enhanced Editions came out that restored the old shield looks. It was called 'Legacy Shields' or soemthing ... ? 'P1 legacy Shields', something like that I think.

So is there a quick, easy way to restore the shields to normal in BG2 : EE ??? Because the old models are probably shipped with the game, hidden somewhere in the file folders. Alternatively, is there a mod for EE like the one I mentioned ?

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    You're looking for the mod One Pixel Productions (1pp).
  • krikkertKRIkrikkertKRI Member Posts: 19
    Thank you. Looking at Gibberlings3.com I do find that mod, but it's only for the original game... Not for Enhanced Edition. It says so explicitly. Ialso found a link here on the Beamdog forum, referring that same mod, again not compatibale with EE...

So that's unfortunate.
    Isewein wrote: »
    You're looking for the mod One Pixel Productions (1pp).

Thank you. Looking at Gibberlings3.com I do find that mod, but it's only for the original game... Not for Enhanced Edition. It says so explicitly. Ialso found a link here on the Beamdog forum, referring that same mod, again not compatibale with EE...

So that's unfortunate.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you own the original SoA you can use Near Infinity to look at the item files and export the original .bams and then just bring those bad boys into the EE over ride folder and then they should be waiting there for ya
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Try this mod. Put all the .itm files into your override.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/26363/mod-legacy-shields-for-bg2-ee
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    if you own the original SoA you can use Near Infinity to look at the item files and export the original .bams and then just bring those bad boys into the EE over ride folder and then they should be waiting there for ya

All the original bam (animation) files are already in the game, the items in the game just do not use those animations, but use weird amazon/roman-style shields of bg2.
    lunar wrote: »
    Try this mod. Put all the .itm files into your override.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/26363/mod-legacy-shields-for-bg2-ee

Thank you :) I wil ltry this one.

I do not still own the original SoA, but thank you for your reply. I will try the mod link that @Lunar provided :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    lunar wrote: »

All the original bam (animation) files are already in the game, the items in the game just do not use those animations, but use weird amazon/roman-style shields of bg2.

not every original bam still exists, for example; iplat01 uses the bg 1 bam for the bg 2 bam instead and the original bg2 bam for iplat01 is gone