Skip to content

One-sided placeables?

I don't remember how long ago I started to notice this, but I think it's been more than a year.

Anyway, some (seemingly random) placeables now can only be interacted with from one side.
I worry that this creates more work for the path finding, because now characters have to find their way to the other side of objects that may not be so easy to get to.

In the worst cases, placeables become unusable. For example in the original campaign, in the area Peninsula: The Pits, the locked door near the center of the map cannot be opened by pulling the lever.
ab4wgiekdsjf.jpg
Not a great screenshot, but it tries to show that the character is forever stuck trying to get to the other side of the lever, but cannot get through the wall to get there.
I have no idea what causes this because there are other levers with the same model that can be accessed fine from both sides.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ForSerious wrote: »
    I don't remember how long ago I started to notice this, but I think it's been more than a year.

Anyway, some (seemingly random) placeables now can only be interacted with from one side.
    I worry that this creates more work for the path finding, because now characters have to find their way to the other side of objects that may not be so easy to get to.

In the worst cases, placeables become unusable. For example in the original campaign, in the area Peninsula: The Pits, the locked door near the center of the map cannot be opened by pulling the lever.
    ab4wgiekdsjf.jpg
    Not a great screenshot, but it tries to show that the character is forever stuck trying to get to the other side of the lever, but cannot get through the wall to get there.
    I have no idea what causes this because there are other levers with the same model that can be accessed fine from both sides.

i noticed that exact lever in my previous play through, and my assumption is that the lever is placed "backwards", i bet if they did a 180 on that lever everything would be fine
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Awe. The latest update did not fix this.