Skip to content

Scales of Balance for BG:EE

marius1marius1 Member Posts: 11
I am looking for working SOB or FullPlate for BG:EE
I downloaded both mods and they seems to be working fine only with BG2EE
SOB messing up texts, weapon proficiencies on player card is replaced by some dialogue from the game I think, and new abilities scores aren't working at all. Those mods really enhancing gameplay does anyone have any idea where I can get a working version for BG:EE. Also what is the best way to delete faulty mods without messing up game files?

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2021
    Scales of Balance works on BGEE. But you made two newbie mistakes:

1) You modded your original installation. Delete the game folder then reinstall the game with Steam/GoG Galaxy's "verify files" feature. After this is done, duplicate your game folder outside of these launchers and only install mods to this duplicate.

This ensures:
    - you have a working backup you can return to if you intend to return to the base game
    - your modded installation won't break apart when a new patch rolls out and breaks your modded installation.

2) You have Siege of Dragonspear on Steam and/or GoG. Due to some technicalities about how these platforms packaged the expansion, you need to install the DlcMerger mod before you install any other mod to your combined BGEE+SoD installation.
  • marius1marius1 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks a bunch
    I will make a copy of the game on my second drive and will install the DlcMerger, hopefully it will make it all work
    I have installed DlcMerger but it didn't helped, there are only 4 weapon proficiencies and 2 of them are replaced by lines dialogue from the game and there is no descriptions of armour when you right click on it
    edited July 2021
    WeiDU.log please.
    where i can find it?
    is this the file you asked for?
    Yes, thank you.

I've tried to reproduce your issues with recreating the exact mod setup on a BGEE Steam 2.6.6 version, using English everywhere but I can't seem to reproduce the text issues with a Paladin created afterward, all weapon proficiencies available to that class seems to be valid.

Are you using the Polish translation? Might be that being outdated.
    edited July 2021
    no I am playing the English language version
    I downloaded the mod merger from the link you provided, I unpacked it and copied the content to my BG folder, i run the exe and used 3rd option to merge all DLC, after that I installed another mod that contains some extra items and I can see using the EEKeeper that their texts are completely messed up too, IDK what I am doing wrong, how to Install the merger to make it work?
    Oh, just one question... you have always started new games and not tried to load older saves, right?
    yeah, I just deleted all files and copied and pasted new ones from my vanilla steam version, it is still the same, I have 2.6.0.0 from steam, maybe those mods are just outdated IDK
    edited July 2021
    What is the exact size in bytes of your [game folder]/lang/en_US/dialog.tlk unmodded and after DLCMerger?
    Ok so I just made a fresh copy of the vanilla version on my second drive, the file you asked for was 4.629
    and after the installation of the merger it was the same
    I unpacked the merger and copied the content into my BGEE folder, I ran exe and I picked option 3, to marge for all existing DLC
    setup-DlcMerger.debug please.
    I can't attach that file to show it to you, it has only 4KB
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    marius1 wrote: »
    I picked option 3
    You should pick option 1 - Merge "Siege of Dragonspear"

Ok, I'll try it
    BTW the mod seems to be working, the armor do provide the damage reduction I can see it on the character card, but the text is either gone or all messed up
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @marius1
    Discuss Scales of Balance here. The author is more active there.