Skip to content

Development Folder - Is This a Bug?

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
I put a placeable model, its pwk, mtr file, textures and a placeables.2da in the development folder. I then created a tiny test module with a single 2x2 Desert area. I created a blueprint for the cactus model I was testing. In the toolset everything looks fine. However in game the static checkbox caused a bit of head-scratching for me. Unchecked it looks like -

20a2xovoinlo.png

However, with static checked the cactus swells in all directions to completely fill the area.

Is this how the Development folder is supposed to work or is it a bug?

TR

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    Does your model include a scale parameter?

As mentioned on the Vault, that works in the toolset, but gives different results in game, depending on whether the placeable is static or not.

Probably nothing to do with the Development folder per se.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2021
    As a matter of fact it does. But then again isn't
    that works in the toolset, but gives different results in game, depending on whether the placeable is static or not

that a bug? Or at the very least either a lack of communication between devs or a very big oversight? Surely both should work the same?

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    Ironically, the scale parameter is one of the "unknowns" in the best .mdl format description available to modders (republished this week on the Vault) so only the devs know whether it's a bug or a feature.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    And they've been quiet on this thread so far...

TR