Skip to content

Chancer Bard Kit

AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
edited July 2021 in General Modding
If you've ever felt the IE games just didn't have enough RNG, boy do I have a treat for you. Here's the kit description:
CHANCER: Thrillseekers and compulsive gamblers, Chancers embrace a high risk, high reward philosophy and are happy to take any odds. This usually makes for an exciting but brief adventuring career, however the rare chancers who live long enough to become experienced can earn Tymora's favor and stack the odds in their favor.

Advantages:

- All or Nothing fighting style: The Chancer's unarmed or weapon attacks have a 50% chance to critically hit.
- May cast Nahal's Reckless Dweomer at will.
- Song of Chaos: The Chancer's song is different, infused with wild magic and filled with difficult to hit notes. As a result it can have a variety of differet effects which can either help or hinder the Chancer and their allies.
- Starting at level 3 may cast The Final Gambit once per day as an innate ability not affected by wild surge.
- Tymora's Favored: Starting at level 10, the odds begin to shift in the Chancer's favor. Their spellcasting is permanenently protected by a Chaos Shield and the odds on All or Nothing and Song of Chaos are skewed toward positive outcomes.
- Tymora's Chosen: Starting at level 20 the odds are heavily stacked in the Chancer's favor. Their spellcasting is permanently protected by an Improved Chaos Shield and the odds on All or Nothing and Song of Chaos are skewed toward positive outcomes.

THE FINAL GAMBIT: When all seems lost the Chancer has one last card to play. With The Final Gambit the Chancer attempts to bind <PRO_HISHER> fate and that of one enemy to one last roll of the dice killing one, both or neither.

Disadvantages:
- All or Nothing fighting style: The Chancer's attacks have a 50% chance to critically miss and critical misses will cause the Chancer to be briefly stunned or even hurt them.
- Wild Magic: Chancer's spellcasting is infused with wild magic and is very prone to wild surges at all times.
- Song of Chaos: The Chancer's song is different, infused with wild magic and filled with difficult to hit notes. As a result it can have a variety of different effects which can either help or hinder the Chancer and their allies.
- The odds for The Final Gambit do not improve with experience

I haven't tested it too much beyond checking if everything works, but I figure it should be a decent if frustrating archer early game and an absolute powerhouse with the occasional mishap late game.

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2021
    @Allbrother
    How EET compatible is this?

May we also get this uploaded to GitHub for long-term posterity and ease of discoverability with Project Infinity?

Thankee!
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Under the hood it's a pretty bog standard kit, can't think of a reason it would conflict with EET. That said I don't use EET so it's untested. If anyone ends up trying it with EET, it'd be nice if they dropped a comment to confirm no issues.

No on the github, sorry. I don't have an account there and don't intend to create one.