Skip to content

Restoring BG2 Original Robe Icons

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
Hello,

So when BG2 first released, it had all new robe icons for the robes such as Traveler's Robe, Robe of Electrical Resistance, Robe of the Archmagi, etc. At some point these new icons were phased out in favor of the ones from BG1 and they've remained that way since and are still that way in BG2EE.

I really liked the first ones, but I can't find anyone who agrees because no one has made a mod for this. I tried using NearInfinity but unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it doesn't seem as if BG2EE even contains those assets anymore.

Does anyone know of a mod which restores the old robe icons from the original BG2 or know of a way to get the assets so I can use NearInfinity to change the appearances myself?

I have included a screenshot of the original BG2 robe icons courtesy of Mike's RPG so you know what I'm talking about. ;)inatsa4bnzhu.png

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    at this point it looks like the only way is to have install the original game and then use NI to go into the item files and export those .bam files ( probably will want to change the name to not have conflicts with the EEs ) and then take those exported .bams and put them in your EE override and swap your robes over to those exported .bams
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    If anyone wants them, I have gone through the trouble of installing my old copy of BG2 and extracting the old BAM files for the "original" BG2 robe icons. If you want these to replace your robe icons, just drop them into your override.