Skip to content

The Nalia romance mod

Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
I hate to leave things unfinished... Does anyone have ANY information at all about if the mod will ever be finished?!?

And in case the author of the mod is lost forever etc etc etc..... Can't some other mod-genius do a separate Nalia romance mod?? It's really just the ToB part that's missing anyway, right??
Ser_Elryk

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Any updates? I still have huge attachment issues to this mod! :'(
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2019
    You could PM the original author Kulyok and ask if they desire to or if they mind someone else adding in the ToB content.
    Fina92
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i feel it's dead. the author went through alot of the stuff in the last few years and pretty much did not finish either of his mods.

at this point other people finishing it seems to be the only option. ninde and fade would have never been finished if they were not taken up by different modders.
    Fina92
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2019
    It's not Kulyok IIRC, but JCompton who wrote the mod. Kulyok's Reunion works very well as a ToB expansion for Nalia, but doesn't explicitly refer to the romance (they still work well together, I would argue). The Nalia Romance is one of the few mods which work more or less despite being unfinished, anyway. Nalia has her keep to take care of and never really fit well into ToB anyway, in my book. There's Berelinde's "Homeward Bound" mod you can use to send her back after you play Reunion, and you even get to see her epilogue then. It's not the most fulfilling end to the romance, admittedly, but together these mods go a long way in helping suspend disbelief in ToB. I'd recommend the Romance regardless. It's not the Imoen romance or Amber, which made no sense at all before their ToB parts came out.
    you sure "Homeward Bound works with bg2ee? i looked it up and it seems to not been updated since 2010 which is pre ee.
    Oh no, I have no clue whether it works on EE! Sorry, should have checked before posting. It's a shame it hasn't been adapted yet, then.
    edited May 2019
    I remember seeing it credited to both Kulyok and JCompton as authors when I looked it up.

When I have all my prior projects finished I can look at it at least and decide if it's something I'd want to write for, since it would only be a partial mod.
    CaszidyFina92Isewein
    @Skitia I got a reply from Kulyok and he (she?) referred to himself as the coder, whereas JCompton is the writer if I understood it correctly. Wonderful to hear that you will have a look at it later on! :blush:
    IseweinDJKajuru
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    It's a well written mod. To my shame I often just used it to get the Keep in addition to another stronghold ;). A shame that the writer's life took a different turn, and that he likely won't be coming back to finish it. Nalia's arc through ToB makes it a tough mod to continue on a writing level as well. Though there's always the "Welcome to Dumpvale, population you" option- "you may be the son of a deity but {player chooses which thing their Charname has messed up on}...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    it only really adds romance talks to nalia and a new quest near the end. it has no tob content however.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Skitia wrote: »
    I remember seeing it credited to both Kulyok and JCompton as authors when I looked it up.

When I have all my prior projects finished I can look at it at least and decide if it's something I'd want to write for, since it would only be a partial mod.

I know this thread is dead, but I was just poking around. Would be awesome if someone finished it/added TOB content, and you seem to know your stuff. Any updates here?
    Isewein
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    edited July 2021
    AsaBM wrote: »

I know this thread is dead, but I was just poking around. Would be awesome if someone finished it/added TOB content, and you seem to know your stuff. Any updates here?

Gwendolyne and I have been working on making this mod EE-EET compatible lately and should be updated soon. But the ToB-part is still not in the mod (as in the other mod - DeArnise Romance). So Nalia has two different romance mods, but both are for SoA only :(
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    I believe Skitia said they do plan on working on a ToB version, but I think they’re on hiatus, which is why I’m not tagging them.
    megamike15
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2021
    Austin87 wrote: »
    AsaBM wrote: »

Gwendolyne and I have been working on making this mod EE-EET compatible lately and should be updated soon. But the ToB-part is still not in the mod (as in the other mod - DeArnise Romance). So Nalia has two different romance mods, but both are for SoA only :(

Wait, there are two Nalia romance mods? Which one are we talking about here?

...And which one is better?
    edited July 2021
    This one is much more involved and better maintained, the other one (Arnel's Nalia Romance, incidentally the reason why this mod here is officially called the *de'Arnise* rather than the Nalia romance mod) featured a nice wedding scene but was rather crash-prone and has been consigned to the dustbin of modding history, I fear.
    source: https://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=24793.0
    Post edited by Isewein on
    AsaBM
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    I just thought I'd lend my support and show interest in seeing a TOB romance mod for Nalia. She seems like a perfect match for warrior types who take up her castle stronghold in BG2 and her character lacks any real content in TOB. I would love to see a little more of a character arc for her in TOB. Reunion is cool but I've steered away from the Nalia romance mods in the past because I knew they had no TOB content and would feel awkward and unfinished towards the end.

A few moments that acknowledge her relationship with the player character, especially at the end of the game would be much appreciated. Jaheria's romance didn't have much content in TOB either but it at least showed signs of their romance and gave her a special speech at the end of the game. That would be enough for me but a more involved mod would be welcome as well.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    The Arnel's Nalia Romance Revision mod (from Arnel) has been updated to v2.0.0 and is now EE compatible. ;)
    bonewhitegloryjames234298
    edited October 2021
    Congratulations!
    That's right, there are two novels with Nalia, both are very well written, but both without the ToB part:

I really hope that at least one of these mods will be completed someday and will receive a ToB-part.

Why not both? :smile: I don't mind writing continuations for both in the same mod (Different branches based on which one's romance is being used.) I am about two weeks away from starting the outline for part 2 and don't mind doing something like this. It will make it take longer but sounds like a fun challenge.

bonewhiteglorymegamike15
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Drat. ToB content for Nalia might be enough to tempt me to take her in a party...

Seriously, I would love to see more companions filled out. Good luck!
    Congratulations!
    That's right, there are two novels with Nalia, both are very well written, but both without the ToB part:

I really hope that at least one of these mods will be completed someday and will receive a ToB-part.

Why not both? :smile: I don't mind writing continuations for both in the same mod (Different branches based on which one's romance is being used.) I am about two weeks away from starting the outline for part 2 and don't mind doing something like this. It will make it take longer but sounds like a fun challenge.

Wonderful news! So glad to hear we might have somme ToB content after all these years <3
    I should put this here too, and not just my SkitiaNPCs thread:

The Nalia ToB Romance mod will be called Nalia At Last, and is planned to be released on October 1st of this year. It is standalone, so you can romance Nalia without any mods, or it works as a continuation of De'Arnise Romance and luvNalia, with four additional epilogues planned for now. But I personally recommend playing it with one of the mods installed as a relationship developed in ToB alone will feel a bit more rushed than a good slow burn.

I have JCompton's permission (They said I never needed it, but good to ask anyway!), but I have no idea how to get in contact with Arnel, or if I should really be asking @Austin87 or @Gwendolyne since they are the mod's maintainers.

• Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280

The Nalia ToB Romance mod will be called Nalia At Last, and is planned to be released on October 1st of this year. It is standalone, so you can romance Nalia without any mods, or it works as a continuation of De'Arnise Romance and luvNalia, with four additional epilogues planned for now. But I personally recommend playing it with one of the mods installed as a relationship developed in ToB alone will feel a bit more rushed than a good slow burn.

I have JCompton's permission (They said I never needed it, but good to ask anyway!), but I have no idea how to get in contact with Arnel, or if I should really be asking @Austin87 or @Gwendolyne since they are the mod's maintainers.

Hello! Arnel has not been available for communication for many years. The last update was made by @Gwendolyne (with the participation of me). Of course, I fully support the release of the ToB part of the mod and I think Gwendolyne will not mind either, but it's better to ask him just in case. As the administrator of the forum where the original mod is available, he has all the necessary permissions.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82

I drop by here every few months to see if anything would come of this. That is great news, I'm looking forward to it and thanks for the update.