Skip to content

Deadliest Dual Class Combo?

What is your opinion is the most powerful Dual Class build that you can accomplish? I have Tweaks installed to allow non-humans to Dual Class as well as allowing both Berserkers and Wild Mages to Dual Class.

This leaves not only the option to Dual Class no matter what race I play (possibly leading to ridiculous stats especially with certain equipment added) but also allows certain NPCs to Dual Class when they could not do so before.

So this being an option and items allowing for possible expansion of possibilities, I have two questions.

1. What is the most powerful Dual Class build that you can make for a player character who isn't limited by the "Humans only" rule
2. What is the most powerful Dual Class build you could make with an NPC who has a similar lack of limits.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Probably anything that ends in thief.
    Permidion_Stark
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    A kitted cleric dualed to mage at level 14 is a spellcasting machine. Buffed up you'll be a juggernaut!
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Stat restrictions on dual-classing still in place, fo course. Let's see, which standard NPCs gain legal dual-classing ability with this ...

BGEE: Neera can dual to thief. So can Viconia. A few others can dual with a stat tome.
    BG2EE: Hexxat can dual to fighter, and make good use of that 20 strength. Mazzy can dual to thief. Neera and Viconia can dual to thief, as they could in BGEE. The potential stat boosts don't make much difference here, but Viconia could dual to mage if you visited Lum's machine early enough.

I'd rate the two fighter/thief combinations in BG2EE (Mazzy and Hexxat) as best here. Hexxat has it upside down, resulting in a rather squishy fighter with backstabbing and some thief skills, but her vampire stats and protections compensate somewhat for the weakness.

For interesting combinations a player could pull off, how about Dwarven Defender into Cleric? Full on physical immunity is possible with Defensive Stance and Armor of Faith (plus the Defender of Easthaven and Belt of Inertial Barrier), and you'll have enough caster levels to make the AoF hard to dispel. And it's not hard to stack more damage type immunities on top of that with the right gear and buffs.
    (Dwarven Defenders are also not allowed to dual-class in the standard rules; you might have to add them to the Barbarian/Wild Mage tweaks. One more line changed in DUALCLAS.2da.)
    ZaramMaldovar
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Balrog99 @jmerry

I love literally all of these ideas.
    Balrog99
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I'm thinking about a Stalker/Cleric dual class, which is as close as one can get to making a fighter/cleric/thief. Use Draw Upon Holy Might and Righteous Magic to deliver a devestating backstab with Staff of the Ram, then switch to dual-wielding weapons to stand and fight, with the ability to provide your own Haste support, or use said Haste to fall back, hide in shadows and repeat the process until everything is dead.
    ZaramMaldovarBalrog99