Skip to content

Missing item descriptions

Back to BG2EE after a year or so away, I noticed that some of the item descriptions in the game are now missing that used to be there.

For instance all scroll cases say something like "All right, all right", Keldorns family armor just says "Tell me" - no stats or anything, and the Plate of Balduran is likewise completely void of information. There are several others like this.

Is this a bug or is it just my install?

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Do you have a modded installation installed to your game's default folder set up before the last say, 2 months? It is possible that Steam/GoG Galaxy updated the game with the 2.6 patch released a few weeks ago and that broke your mods.
  • TunsharTunshar Member Posts: 5
    I do. It's been quite a while since I installed it but I do have some mods - G3 tweaks for instance - so that sounds like a good bet.

Anyway to fix it you know off apart from a fresh install?
    Unfortunately, I don't know of a method to salvage that. :S

You should create a duplicate folder and install mods there to prevent these happening.
  • TunsharTunshar Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, I really should. I can't even remember what mods I have installed or why I installed them in the fist place :lol:

Thanks for the help.
    There might be a WeiDU.log in your folder still which lists what you had installed.