Skip to content

[REQUEST] Delay start of ToB

TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
There exists a mod for BG1 which allows you to continue playing BG1 instead of auto-transitioning to SoD. I'm looking for something similar for the SoA -> ToB transition.

Because of the implied time contraints, loss of you soul and attack on the elven city, there really isn't any 'real' chance to mop up unfinished quests... or to bring Imoen along for them. So it'd be cool if a mod allows you to leaved the elven city and keep adventuring. Have some dialog trigger or special item which would than execute the transition into ToB.

Is there such a mod I've just not found? Anyone know how to make it>

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Tygaran
    Do you use EET? If so, you should be able to return to pre-ToB areas.
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Tygaran
    Do you use EET? If so, you should be able to return to pre-ToB areas.

This is true, but EET is kinda messy sometimes and a pain to install compared to the simpler "run this executable and you're good" mods.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    +1 to using EET. It's simply the best way to handle this.

Otherwise, ToB Tourist AKA Throne of Bhaal Tourist may be for you!
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    I found the mod "Transitions" on Gibberling3 that appears to include this idea. Will try it out on my next run.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Tygaran wrote: »
    I found the mod "Transitions" on Gibberling3 that appears to include this idea. Will try it out on my next run.

It didn't work when I used it in my last run (but perhaps it's been updated since then).
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I like the idea of replicating the Endless BG1 experience in BG2, and I always regretted that the transition to ToB was forced the way it was. I would have preferred that the game dump your party back in the elven city and required a talk with Ellisime to continue to the grove. I also like that Transitions gives you your Bhaalspawn powers back - tragically I didn't install it on my current run.

I don't like the idea of having to use a special bit of gear, though. Having the transitions between the various games/DLC should be through dialogue alone IMO.

It's a shame my part is already in chapter 5 or I would try the Transitions mod.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I'm not sure it would make sense to delay throne of bhaal for story reasons though? I think the stone heads are a part of the elf land, and the elves want to make you leave because they don't feel safe with this war of the bhaalspawn happening. I do not think there is a way to explain a delayed throne of bhaal beginning without harming the plots logic.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Why would it harm the plot? We have no idea how much real time there was between returning from the hells and being sent to the grove. There is no reason to think they are necessarily that tightly tied in time.

Come to think of it, that would be the best way to handle the transition. Unlock the stone head area, and then ToB starts when you first visit.