Skip to content

Level adder v0.5

2»

Comments

• BorkaBorka Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for making this mod!

The suggested install order felt confusing so I looked deeper into what exactly the scripts are doing, and this is what I found:

This mods last part, Multiply HP of enemy and neutral creatures, reads the HP from creature files, recalculates HP with the user submitted multiplier and writes the new HP.

BG2-Tweaks, Maximum HP Creatures, reads levels from creature files, recalculate new HP based on the levels, and writes down the new HP.

If this mod is installed before BG2-Tweaks then all changes done to HP will be lost, since BG2-Tweaks overwrite HP. But this mod needs to be installed before BG2-Tweaks for the new levels to be used by BG2-Tweaks.

The solution is to install this mod twice. First install the level-adding parts, then install BG2-Tweaks, and after that install this mods HP multiplying part.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2015
    Borka said:

Thanks for making this mod!

The suggested install order felt confusing so I looked deeper into what exactly the scripts are doing, and this is what I found:

This mods last part, Multiply HP of enemy and neutral creatures, reads the HP from creature files, recalculates HP with the user submitted multiplier and writes the new HP.

BG2-Tweaks, Maximum HP Creatures, reads levels from creature files, recalculate new HP based on the levels, and writes down the new HP.

If this mod is installed before BG2-Tweaks then all changes done to HP will be lost, since BG2-Tweaks overwrite HP. But this mod needs to be installed before BG2-Tweaks for the new levels to be used by BG2-Tweaks.

The solution is to install this mod twice. First install the level-adding parts, then install BG2-Tweaks, and after that install this mods HP multiplying part.

Exactly. I only added the HP multiplying part because a request was made, but I didn't update the readme nor the instructions.
    Edit: now added to the OP.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i know it needs SCS and all...but is it possible to somehow make this work for PST:EE?
    bob_veng said:

i know it needs SCS and all...but is it possible to somehow make this work for PST:EE?

Yes, but I don't see any purpose in doing so. Anyway, if you really want it, I'll make it compatible, but considering how the mod works, it probably already is.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Can this mod also lower levels? I'd like to peon-ise the high level mooks in ToB while also applying an XP penalty to my guys & gals & removing lots of items via item randomiser. Otherwise the Monty Haul parade of ToB just saps my will to play...
    Mantis37 said:

Can this mod also lower levels? I'd like to peon-ise the high level mooks in ToB while also applying an XP penalty to my guys & gals & removing lots of items via item randomiser. Otherwise the Monty Haul parade of ToB just saps my will to play...

I never tested it but I guess you could try doing so by entering negative numbers... Right now I'm off to sleep, but tomorrow I might test it for you.
    Much much later... negative numbers seems to work. Very nice indeed.
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2018

Compatibility warning:

Difficulty and tweaks mod v7

Difficulty and tweaks mod v7 contains two components that will raise your enemies HP or Thac0/Saves

In my opinion it is advised against to install HP increasing component or you will end up with enemies with way too many Hit Points or break your game. Component Thac0/Saves could possible work but I advise against installing it as well since Thac0/Save component prevents you from installing more HP for enemies from the same mod.

Install Component [Tougher Enemies]? [N]o or choose one:
    - 262 -
    19. MAJOR TWEAKS
    This component has several subitems to carry out accurate adjustments. It will boost the abilities of all your enemies.
    Alternative to the Tactics mod. Not together with "Increased Enemies'HP", both components exclude themselves mu-
    tually.
    29 1] Add +1 Thac0/AC/Save
    30 2] Add +2 Thac0/AC/Save
    31 3] Add +3 Thac0/AC/Save
    32 4] Add +4 Thac0/AC/Save
    33 5] Add +5 Thac0/AC/Save
    34 6] Add +6 Thac0/AC/Save
    Install Component [Increased Enemies'HP]? [N]o or choose one:
    More temperate version of the above component. Not together with Tougher Enemies, both components exclude
    themselves mutually. This step can last for a while.
    35 1] Add 25% to Enemies‘HP
    36 2] Add 50% to Enemies‘HP
    37 3] Add 75% to Enemies‘HP
    38 4] Add 100% to Enemies‘HP
    39 5] Add 125% to Enemies‘HP
    40 6] Add 150% to Enemies‘HP
    41 7] Add 200% to Enemies‘HP
    Install Component 42 [Helmets for Shapeshifters Bug Fix]? [N]ot Install
    Mantis37 said:

Much much later... negative numbers seems to work. Very nice indeed.

I spoke a little too soon. A few mooks now have HLAs and are level 255 in EE Keeper ;).

• zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2019
    The mod doesn't seem to work for classic BG2 although description states it should work on classic. I set for thieves +4 levels, and I have installed maximum HP for non-joinable NPCs. Every other class have at least +2 to its level.
    Both Shank and Carbos die taking damage 8 or 11 or less.
    I tried the mod on both vanilla engine and alternative engine to run BG2 called GemRB. Both yield the same result - 7c#addlevel don't work on classic BG2 but at least it doesn't seem to break anything.

My bad for false report. The mod seems to increase levels for NPCs in BG1 but many are excluded probably because I have SCS. Regretfully no Shank or Carbos benefit from this mod on my setup but many fighter NPCs are especially affected. Silke from Beregost had 13 level and I added 6 levels to all bards which seems to prove the mod works as intended.
    Post edited by zelazko on
    @zelazko I think that might be because many creatures are not properly classed in the base game, and SCS assigns them a unique class. Anyway, I don't even remember how this mod works, so it might've some issue in it which I'm not aware of.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 228
    Thanks for this amazing mod.

This mod for adding lvls, then tweak anthology for max hp per lvl, then this mod again for multiply hp, then SCS -> want a real challenge ? This mod is a must.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    SCS overrides a number of levels, mostly of spellcasters. You can also globally change the levels of spellcasters within SCS’s ini file. See the readme for details.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it would be nice if within scs you could globally change the levels of enemies of other classes as well, just the way this mod does it. I really like this form of difficulty adjustment as it respects the rule system, and it's not cheating by the enemy
  • ForthForth Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021
    Hi ! I'd like to know if it's useless or not to install this mod after the generalized biffing, in order to uninstall it and reinstall with "softer" parameters, in case it becomes suicidal to play the game with hard parameters, thanks !

P.S. Max HP creatures -> SCS both installed. If I install it at the very end and not according to the instructions of the first post in this page (so no LA->Max HP->LA->SCS) does the LA mod becomes totally useless, or somehow the difficulty I've set is still achieved?
    Post edited by Forth on
    Sorry for the late reply, haven't been checking the forums quite as often anymore.
    Forth wrote: »
    Hi ! I'd like to know if it's useless or not to install this mod after the generalized biffing, in order to uninstall it and reinstall with "softer" parameters, in case it becomes suicidal to play the game with hard parameters, thanks !
    It would be useless, yes, as the mod only raises/decreases the level of enemies, and does not adjust their stats (which is why you need to use SCS and the Max HP component, otherwise all this does is make enemies immune to Sleep/more likely to resist Death and so on).
    Forth wrote: »
    P.S. Max HP creatures -> SCS both installed. If I install it at the very end and not according to the instructions of the first post in this page (so no LA->Max HP->LA->SCS) does the LA mod becomes totally useless, or somehow the difficulty I've set is still achieved?
    It's sadly almost totally useless (see above, as minimal as Sleep immunity sounds, its actually a huge difference for early BG1, but it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever aside from that, and, well, Mage and Priest levels on spellcasters granting enemies the effects of higher level versions of their spells eg a Mage that has its spellbook arranged according to level 8, if made into a higher level afterwards, will cast Skull Trap at that higher level, resulting in a noticeable increase in damage).