Skip to content

How would you feel if there were a biweekly fanart challenge here on the forums?

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
I remember back when I used to hang out on Spellhold Studios forums, there used to be a biweekly fanart challenge that I really liked. The whole idea was just to get everyone drawing and excited and having fun, regardless of skill level. Every two weeks a new challenge would come out with a theme and everything. I loved drawing for it and seeing everyone else's drawings. But it just sort of died at the beginning of 2010.
I was wondering. If I tried to start something similar here, would anyone actually participate?
  1. How would you feel if there were a biweekly fanart challenge here on the forums?46 votes
    1. I think it's a good idea, and I would participate.
      28.26%
    2. I think it's a good idea, but I would not participate.
      54.35%
    3. I think it's a bad idea.
        0.00%
    4. I don't care either way.
      17.39%

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I have the artistic skill of a hyper toddler. I would love to see others' work to be envious and wowed. Unless there was a theme of comedy, then I would join. Course I don't even know how to upload pics onto these forums. :(
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Well its a good idea, but currently only you would win everytime. I can't even draw stick figures right.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Wiggles said:

I have the artistic skill of a hyper toddler. I would love to see others' work to be envious and wowed. Unless there was a theme of comedy, then I would join. Course I don't even know how to upload pics onto these forums. :(

Doesn't matter how your artistic skill is, that's the beautiful thing of it. I remember back on the SHS forums sometimes there would even be a few that were practically stick figures sometimes.

Also, uploading pics is easy. Get a photobucket account if you dont already have one. Upload picture to photobucket. Go to image links on the image's page on photobucket, then copypaste the text in the one labeled "HTML code" into your comment here on the forums. It's that simple.
    Mungri said:

Well its a good idea, but currently only you would win everytime. I can't even draw stick figures right.

No, see, that's the great part about it. No one wins OR loses. It'd be a challenge, not a contest. For everyone to challenge themselves to create something, no matter how that something turns out. The purpose would be to get people excited and drawing and having fun, and to share drawings with everyone. It was never a contest over at the SHS forums.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    I like the idea and I'd participate because I make pictures for a living :)
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    You know what's funny though, on some game forums that have asked for pictures of stuff I've tried participating with my beyond terrible stick figure skills, only to have the post deleted by the mods because they were that terrible (nothing rude or rule breaking about the pictures, they were simply beyond terrible and I put them up for a laugh).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I voted "I would not participate" because chances are I wouldn't. You never know though I might. They would just be chibis though, those are all I can do.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I would love to see some of the art others come up with, but I am not an artist myself and had given up on drawing a long time ago.
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    I try, if find a time)) Good Idea! Don`t know, how far it will be gone >>>>
    But my art are somekind Trashfull and low-budget and B-category for 100 percents....
    @Silver_Moon

Aw, I think it looks pretty cool!
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @LadyEibhilinRhett If you end up deciding to do this, let me know.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Jalily That was so fast!
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I'd like to see some nice works, but I'm too lazy to participate :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think it is a good idea. I wish I had a graphics tablet or a scanner so I could participate properly.
    I'm not sure how effective taking a photo of a drawing will be
    @ajwz

Photos of drawings are fine! I've seen it done before. Gets a little blurry at times if the camera's not holding still, but its still generally effective enough for people to make out the art~
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    /me has no artistic skill. None.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Oh my god, this gives me an excellent idea.

Have you guys ever heard of "Drawception"? It's basically a telephone game but with pictures. You can set up private games, so we could easily do one among forums members around here.

Oh my god, this gives me an excellent idea.

Have you guys ever heard of "Drawception"? It's basically a telephone game but with pictures. You can set up private games, so we could easily do one among forums members around here.

So it's sorta like Doodle or Die, but you can do private games?
    That totally sounds like funsies~!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Fanart challenge?! All right! Now all left do do is to buy some energetic drinks, get ready and.... Wait for more skilled people than me to participate.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    *started making sketches"