Skip to content

NeverBlender

2»

Comments

• DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    NK1990 wrote: »
    So I just started my journey learning how to export .mdl files and importing them again with NeverBlender to blender. I hit a bump on the road as the .mdl files for the vainlla weapon pieces was exported in binary, and the importer of neverblender can not decompile it. I used NWNExplorer to export by the way. I then found a Decompiler/Compiler software I could not get to function because it was missing some registry info from the game. I then figured I could export the ascii text from the NWNExplorer and copy it over the encrypted text in exported .mdl file, and it worked perfectly. Now my question is what ways are there to compile the .mdl file back again ?. I have looked around for awhile but the decompiler software was the only thing I could find. Please if any of you have another way, do tell, thanks.

You can compile models using the game client: https://nwn.wiki/display/NWN1/Models#Models-GameCompiler
  • NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
    Have a look at these -
    Mind you, the question has to be why do you want to compile the models anyway? With modern computers the difference in speed is minimal and compiled models are sometimes larger than uncompiled ones. Unless you have a really time critical reason, I wouldn't bother.

TR

Thank you for the reply figured it out too. lol just have to learn to read the full instructions on the webpage.4okmflln07tn.png
    70zilpz1bkwx.png

en4t5kaybxud.png

Just finished the handguard :smiley:
    Is there any way to texture a model with two different textures in blender and get the plugin to export it correctly. I want to re model some of the gemmed handguards and blade and maybe make some of the pommels with different metal textures also. I have been looking into making my own TGA files but the plugin doesn't really seem to accept it when it gets exported no matter what option of texturing methods I use. It will only use the last applied before exporting, it seems weird to me as I have seen some using multiple textures on tilesets with neverblender.
  • symmetricsymmetric Member Posts: 57
    Unfortunately, that's not possible, since the mdl file format only supports one material per mesh. You'll have to split the object by material (in edit mode select everything and press P).

On a sidenote: You can point NeverBlender to a decompiler and it will use it to decompile models on the fly while importing. In The Add-On settings, under Import Preferences:
    1. Tick the checkbox: External decompiler
    2. Select the path to the downloaded binary/executable.
    3. Next click on the small circling arrow button in the field below to auto generate the command used to call the compiler. (this extra step is necessary because its depends on both the OS and the decompiler and I wanted some flexibility for the future)