Skip to content

What sort of mods do you like in BG when it comes to the alignment system?

lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
Baldurs gate 2 did quite a lot in some aspects of alignment compared to most games, but it certainly held no candles compared to planescape: torment. It had a few opportunities that alignment mattered a lot, some of them were shoved in your face, and others are things it took me a long time to even know existed. For example, I recently learned that a ranger or a paladin when they lose enough reputation become fallen, but they do not need to stay fallen if they make ammends. They can get their reputation back up and they can do special tasks for the radiant hart or the umar hills and be redeemed. Other characters like Sarevok, Anomen and Viconia can also re-evaluate themselves in how they relate to the world, and this is usually based on a series of things you say and do to them, but a bit more simple in the case of Anomen because lets face it, the guy is not sharp enough to require subtle manipulation.

Another mod that I used that I'm not sure was ported to EET is called virtue, and if I remember right it changed the meaning of reputation and gave a new thing aside it called virtue points. The idea was to make distinctions by having your virtue score be a measure of your character, like your thoughts and actions, while on the other hand reputation was the score that measured what everyone else thinks they know about you. I barely remember the mod, but I decided that I liked it and used it in more than one playthrough.

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    None really, I think a decent take on the alignment system would need to be integrated into the game at a fundamental design level and would require a complete remaster. I did try out Virtue and a few other things but it always felt very tacked on to me.