Skip to content

[MOD] PnP Potions

_Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
edited July 2021 in General Modding
PnP Potions

Download from GitHub

Introduction

Can you remember that discussion about v2.6 and stacking potion effects (here)?

Well, fact is that during the discussion, there was a comment by Kjeron that went largely unnoticed.

And that's bad because I find PnP Potion behavior pretty fun and intriguing.
As a result, I made an attempt to implement it and released this mod. More details are available in the readme file.

Compatibility

The mod supports the following games and game variants:
  • BG:EE (with or without SoD)
  • BG2:EE
  • IWD:EE
  • EET

It is currently available in English, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, French and Portuguese.

Please note that most of those translations have been made with the aid of an online translator, so they might be inaccurate. If that's the case, post your changes here and I'll update them.

IMPORTANT!!!: When downloading from GitHub, always remember to download the latest release if available, as the master branch might contain untested changes.
Post edited by _Luke_ on
StummvonBordwehrMantis37Allanon81_DD_

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    New release: PnP Potions v1.1

Changelog:
    • Internal fixes.
    StummvonBordwehrAllanon81
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 579
    edited June 2021
    How did you created the Hungarian translation? Some of your wording are iffy in it... although I'm not aware of a Hungarian translation of the base games to begin with anyway.
    edited June 2021
    How did you created the Hungarian translation? Some of your wording are iffy in it... although I'm not aware of a Hungarian translation of the base games to begin with anyway.

I used DeepL.

If you're a native Hungarian speaker, feel free to suggest which strings should be tweaked and I'll update them... And by the way, BG:EE is available in Hungarian...
    StummvonBordwehrGraionDilach
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 579
    Damn, I never noticed that translation and I got used to playing games in English that I couldn't even get used to it anyway (it feels like it's using the old direction which got abandoned when the D&D license shifted locally between publishers around 2003...).

Filed a PR regardless.
    New release: PnP Potions v1.2

Changelog:
    • Added Czech translation.
    • Updated Hungarian translation (thanks to @GraionDilach ).
    GraionDilachStummvonBordwehr
  • _DD__DD_ Member Posts: 42
    Interesting idea. So, with this you can safely consume only one potion and if you consume another one while the first one is still active you could suffer one of the effects listed, right? Does the percentages increase if you add a third, fourth, an so on or is always the same chance regardless how many more potions you drink?
    _DD_ wrote: »
    Interesting idea. So, with this you can safely consume only one potion and if you consume another one while the first one is still active you could suffer one of the effects listed, right?
    Correct.
    There's a portrait icon that tells you if you're under the effect(s) of a potion or not.
    _DD_ wrote: »
    Does the percentages increase if you add a third, fourth, an so on or is always the same chance regardless how many more potions you drink?
    It's always the same chance.
    Allanon81_DD_
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    edited June 2021
    Damn, I never noticed that translation and I got used to playing games in English that I couldn't even get used to it anyway (it feels like it's using the old direction which got abandoned when the D&D license shifted locally between publishers around 2003...).

Filed a PR regardless.

Not missing much, the hungarian translation is awful some times. See the stalker kit description in hungarian :D

Edit: sorry for offtopic.
    New release: PnP Potions v1.2.1

Changelog:
    • Added Project Infinity metadata.
    • Updated README.
    • Minor internal tweaks.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @_Luke_
    How EET compatible is this? There's nothing in the documentation that explicitly states it.

Do these potion miscuity effects also apply to enemies and units not in my party?

Thankee!
    edited June 2021
    Endarire wrote: »
    @_Luke_
    How EET compatible is this? There's nothing in the documentation that explicitly states it.
    Will add EET compatibility in the near future...
    Do these potion miscuity effects also apply to enemies and units not in my party?
    Yes, they apply to whoever quaffs them (so both NPCs and PCs...)
    Do potions and oils made permanent by this mod count for miscuity purposes?
    Do potions and oils made permanent by this mod count for miscuity purposes?

What do you mean exactly...?

Potions and oils never mix...
    New release: PnP Potions v1.2.2

Changelog:
    • Fixed malformed Project Infinity metadata.
    • Added global `LABEL` to support AL|EN's Project Infinity.
    • Added EET compatibility.
    • Internal fixes.
    • Added `Shields.io` badges to GitHub `README`.
    • Updated `README`.
    ALIENAndreaColomboAllanon81
    Alleluia!
    New release: PnP Potions v1.2.2.1

Changelog:
    • Removed unused `Type = Tweaks` from `pnp_potions.ini`.
    • Minor internal tweaks.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,169
    I rather like the idea of this mod. Do you think that it’s likely to adversely affect SCS npcs at all? They guzzle quite a few potions
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    Do you think that it’s likely to adversely affect SCS npcs at all? They guzzle quite a few potions

Yes, it affects everyone, both PCs and NPCs, provided they're scripted to guzzle them (as it happens with SCS or on SoD...)

Make sure to install my mod after SCS...
    Mantis37