Skip to content

Berserker/Thief in BP2: dual-classing at lvl 9/10 or later? What HLA?

YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
Theoretically speaking, in Black Pits 2, when would it be better to dual-class Berserker to Thief?

What HLA do U eventually suggest? ?

P.S. It's not solo, so hopefully such Berserker/Thief could survive after dual-classing. ?
Post edited by Yigor on

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited September 2021
    N.B. In Black Pits 1, I've got a Berserker/Thief of lvl 9/11. ☑️
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Experience in BP2 is on a strict schedule: 500K per fight in the first tier, 250K after that. And you don't reach the full 8 million. Assuming you start at 500K from BP1 (or a fresh start), here are your options:

Fighter 9 - Thief. Dualed in BP1. Already has fighter abilities back. End at thief level 38.
    Fighter 10 - Thief. 0 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 1 fight. End at thief level 37.
    Fighter 12 - Thief. 1 fight as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 2 more fights. End at thief level 35.
    Fighter 14 - Thief. 2 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 3 more fights. End at thief level 32.
    Fighter 16 - Thief. 3 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 5 more fights. End at thief level 30.
    Fighter 18 - Thief. 4 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 7 more fights. End at thief level 28.
    Fighter 20 - Thief. 5 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 10 more fights. End at thief level 25.
    Fighter 21 - Thief. 6 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after 11 more fights. End at thief level 24.
    Fighter 22 - Thief. 7 fights as fighter. Regain fighter abilities after all the fights. End at thief level 23.

I'd recommend the level 14 dual myself. Alternatively, the level 9 or 10 duals.
    On HLAs... not sure about trap HLAs. If you set a trap after a fight is over, does it persist to the next fight in that arena? Worth testing with normal traps first. Either useless or fantastic, depending on the results. Assassination and Use Any Item can only be taken once each, and you probably will. That leaves the defensive abilities and the consumable-making abilities; the latter might actually be worth something, because that's extra income.
    jmerry wrote: »
    I'd recommend the level 14 dual myself. Alternatively, the level 9 or 10 duals.
    On HLAs... not sure about trap HLAs. If you set a trap after a fight is over, does it persist to the next fight in that arena? Worth testing with normal traps first. Either useless or fantastic, depending on the results. Assassination and Use Any Item can only be taken once each, and you probably will. That leaves the defensive abilities and the consumable-making abilities; the latter might actually be worth something, because that's extra income.

Thanks a lot! ? I decided to start BP2 with my BP1 duo: Dwarven Defender and (already dualed) Berseker/Thief of lvl 9/11.

Enemies are tough and it would be problematic to dual Berserker later (even at lvl 14) in this setting. ?

I'll try to check your info about traps inside the arena. ?
    edited September 2021
    Current status: Tier 2-1 (band of vampires) is completed. Berserker/Thief has lvl 9/24. ?

Thanks to all those who suggested to use Azuredge+3 throwing axe vs vampiric boss Gaul (giving lucky 1-hit kill)! ??

@jmerry I haven't succeeded to install any traps for subsequent fights. ? However, I successfully used traps during the fight vs vampires. It turns out that a thief can easily install traps at the distance approximately equal to the radius of the Arena. ☑️
    Post edited by Yigor on
    Current status: Tier 4-3 (dragons) completed. Berseker/Thief has attained lvl 9/39. However, lvl 9/40 seems possible too. ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    9/39 is possible, with some of those non-arena sources of XP. 9/40 is definitely impossible, unless you have a mod that alters the XP progression and caps. You would need a full 8 million XP in your second class, and the BG2EE cap of 8 million total XP still applies.
    jmerry wrote: »
    9/39 is possible, with some of those non-arena sources of XP.

Right, I added some XP in the training camp. ?