Skip to content

Never Ending Journey

ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
Is the person who made this mod on this forum? Is there any chance to get it on bg2:ee?
I am actually playing it on vanilla and I find it awesome, i am enjoying it a lot.

http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/nejmain.html

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Maybe @vlad
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    AFAIK vlad is testing internally the new NEJ3 version of this mod, but I don't know if it will be compatible with EE. In fact, he wrote about it right here.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Well, apparently it will not be compatible...
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Cahir said:

Well, apparently it will not be compatible...

Not like :(
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Casting raise thread.

There seems to be a change of position here:
    Vlad is not going to port it himself, but will allow others to do it.
    http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/lofiversion/index.php/t5456.html

And Endairre seems to have gotten a similar response when asking.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Also, tipun from Gibberlings3 has been working on adding his version of Icewind Dale to BG2EE/EET.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2021
    Reading about this reminded me that I played the mod a long time ago when it was new, and I was feeling nostalgic. So what I have done is download the original BG2, vlads collection of mods and NEJ, and so far I'm loving it. Seems like things have been overhauled in a big way, with Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen given new class skills that are tailored to the characters. I've only just got to Kuldahar through the back portal after the usual portal leading to Yoshimo rejected me, and this is no simple IWD assets port, but it is a thing that the companions and my own cleric of Lathander have a lot to say about. Also, I have Shar-teel with me after breaking her out of the cage next door. Also, Boo is now a controllable character and takes up space as Minscs familiar. To combat is quite challenge and the AI seems smart enough that I have no desire to play it harder than normal, and I am kind of worried about choosing to be a cleric of lathander with not very good physical stats. Seems like this might be the type of modification that takes a skillful tactician which I am not, or a power gamer.

Important to remember that these are mega-mods, and are standalone. Install vlads, and then NeJ, they are a whole package, and I learned not to mix in anything else with it the hard way.

But most of all what I like about all of this is that it is classic BG2. Is it perfect? No, it lacks many of the good things that the EE has, but I think I can live with that because the game just never changes. It has not changed in over 10 years, and will be the same in another 10, and there will be no new patches coming along to poo all over the mods in ways that require many hours of learning just to know how to spot the issues.