Skip to content

Ability Increase/Decrease Question

I only see an EffectAbilityIncrease . This looks to add a 'Buff' effect. Is there a passive option that increases their core stat as though it isn't a buff? For example if a Half Orc becomes enlightened and I would like to increase their default Charisma ability score up one without it turning green as though it's a buff. Is this possible?

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    edited September 2021
    The way I've seen it done before was to add a permanent effect. On that server, there was ways that it would get dispelled, but it always came back. Later on, they fixed that.
    I'm not sure if it was something that had to be checked for and added each time a player joined, or if it was added once and would stick around forever. Either way, it kind of stunk that it contributed to ability score limit and did not count for gaining feats an such on level up.

Maybe there's another work around out there.

If you could add like Great Charisma I as a bonus feat to the PC Properties skin, that might be the way to go—but it's not an option. I could see how, because those feats are meant to be unequippable, the game might not have been made to handle feats like that. (I suppose you'd also have the mess of dealing with the fact that someone could pick Great Charisma I on level up, then render their bonus gone.)
  • BuddywarriorBuddywarrior Member Posts: 62
    Oh I like that idea of adding Epic Feats. I'll poke around that route. Thank you =)
  • TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    You can get the feats so you can add them as an item property by doing what I was doing here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82801/how-do-i-add-a-feat-that-has-no-ip-const-feat#latest

I feel like I've tried it before, but don't recall if it worked. (I think I was trying to use it to adjust player stats when shifting in place of the static numbers in polymorph.2da which didn't work and/or was a mess.)

Alternatively, I know it still shows as a stat bonus but using
    SetAbilityBonusLimit(int nNewLimit) to increase the module ability bonus cap could allow you to add the bonus but not limit the character from reaching +12 bonus from buffs/items.
    @Kamiryn just pasted about using the new object to json (javascript object notation) functions. I'll bet there's a way to convert the player object to json. Up the ability, then convert it back and replace the original. You'll probably have to turn off 'enforce legal characters' but that should be okay.
    edited September 2021
    Never mind. Unless I'm missing something, it can only create copies of objects. So, I have successfully created a copy of my character with two more skill points as a test.