Skip to content

just found the best spell in the game and I dont know how to use it?

I have limited wish in my spellbooks and I summoned the dijin to make a wish. But when I wish to have my spell restore than the dijin said granted then Bam! All of my spells prepared is unprepared! Lmao. Did the game troll me or what?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    It's not obvious from what you see, but virtually all of the Limited Wish options are wisdom checks. Low wisdom, you get something bad (or, for the one-time options, you don't see it). High wisdom, you get something good. The good counterpart to the wish you chose is something like the cleric spell Wondrous Recall; you get some of your expended lower-level spells back. And you need 16 wisdom to get the good side of that one.

The level 9 spell Wish also has wisdom checks, but it's handled differently. The spells you see in that case do exactly what they say, but the quality of the randomly chosen options you see depends on your wisdom.

Genies are tricky. You make a wish, you'll get what you asked for ... which might not be what you meant.
  • wizardforthewinwizardforthewin Member Posts: 23
    jmerry wrote: »
    It's not obvious from what you see, but virtually all of the Limited Wish options are wisdom checks. Low wisdom, you get something bad (or, for the one-time options, you don't see it). High wisdom, you get something good. The good counterpart to the wish you chose is something like the cleric spell Wondrous Recall; you get some of your expended lower-level spells back. And you need 16 wisdom to get the good side of that one.

The level 9 spell Wish also has wisdom checks, but it's handled differently. The spells you see in that case do exactly what they say, but the quality of the randomly chosen options you see depends on your wisdom.

Genies are tricky. You make a wish, you'll get what you asked for ... which might not be what you meant.

Can I cast this limited wish and wish spell in the middle of the fight? Will I become temporary invincible?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    You can cast it in the middle of the fight, but there is no option that makes you invincible. You have ask for invulnerability (not sure if that is what you had in mind), but this "just" gives you Minor Globes of Invulnerability for all your party members as per the spell.
  • wizardforthewinwizardforthewin Member Posts: 23
    Ammar wrote: »
    You can cast it in the middle of the fight, but there is no option that makes you invincible. You have ask for invulnerability (not sure if that is what you had in mind), but this "just" gives you Minor Globes of Invulnerability for all your party members as per the spell.

I love this legendary game lol. If u liked Baldur Gate series then u guys should play Dungeons and Dragons Online. That game survives the test of time too
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    I have limited wish in my spellbooks and I summoned the dijin to make a wish. But when I wish to have my spell restore than the dijin said granted then Bam! All of my spells prepared is unprepared! Lmao. Did the game troll me or what?

It is, as others have said, a Wisdom issue. If your Wisdom is below 16, you'll get the dialogue choice "I wish for my spells to be restored!", which removes them from memory- that is, you're giving yourself an opportunity to restore them. If it's 16 or above, you get "I wish that spells I have cast would be restored, that I might cast them again!" then you regain spells you've already cast.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297

It is, as others have said, a Wisdom issue. If your Wisdom is below 16, you'll get the dialogue choice "I wish for my spells to be restored!", which removes them from memory- that is, you're giving yourself an opportunity to restore them. If it's 16 or above, you get "I wish that spells I have cast would be restored, that I might cast them again!" then you regain spells you've already cast.

Yes, just a few though. I think it is just one spell each for the levels 1-4. So it's pretty weak.

The level 9 Wish has an option that restores all spells, but it is RNG if you get it offered even with the required wisdom.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Ammar wrote: »

Yes, just a few though. I think it is just one spell each for the levels 1-4. So it's pretty weak.

The level 9 Wish has an option that restores all spells, but it is RNG if you get it offered even with the required wisdom.

It is one each of 1-4, though if you haven't used say any level 3s it does an extra of a lower level instead. I believe that the limited wish version can be used for shenanigans on a Wild Mage- Nahal's for Project Image, do your PI thing, Nahal's for Limited Wish and regain both Nahal's (and you could throw a standard Chaos Shield in there as well).