Skip to content

Server settings?

Where does one code the server settings? tiered of clicking check boxes on load :) Tried the wiki settings in player config in documents, no change. Anyone know?

Comments

• QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    documents/neverwinternights/

nwnplayer.ini under [Server Options]

but there is a newer file now:
    settings.tml under [server]

I am not sure which one is dominant/used now, but you can check and set both to be sure.
    vonstorm
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Just a heads up. The only way I have gotten the server settings to stick, is to open the game and set them. I realize that may not be possible on a server, so transferring an already modified tml file and nwnplayer.ini might be the way to go.
    vonstorm
  • vonstormvonstorm Member Posts: 66
    Will test. It's a surprising shame that there isn't a natural way of doing this.
    edited February 2021
    you don't have to transfer any files, just open them adjust the settings and save them.

I believe opening the game and setting them there, then shutting down works also.

Fairly easy to accomplish with a hint of effort really.

If you are running a server, you would want to be familiar with those files anyway. There are other settings not normally known that can be set.
    Anything is easier with a hint of effort if you know where to apply the effort :)
    agreed!

been digging for that knowledge myself for near 20 years with this game now. Though it is just a hobby, maintaining a PW, for a few friends and family. The .tml file is a new addition here in the last few updates. This was the first time I looked at it.
    is the format the same as the old player.ini settings? - eg: AllowLocalChars=1
    What I was trying to say, is that with the addition of the tml file, I have found that not all settings that I change in either of those files, actually change the game. Maybe they have fixed that by now.
    vonstorm
  • DanothDanoth Member Posts: 1
    @Quilstan it isn't easy or intuitive. Before there were command line options for the nwnserver.exe to set AllowLocalCharacters=0 now this option isn't something you seem to be able to change from the settings.tml file or from the nwnplayer.ini file. Neither seem to give you a way to change this.

Your tip about starting a multi-player game from the nwmain.exe does to work uncheck AllowLocalCharacters, however, I am still unable to set a default value for the AutoSave Interval. No matter where I select this it ignores me.

This is very frustrating that basis servers settings don't work, I also want the ability to setup a automatically started persistent NWNServer from a .bat file in Windows, however, I can't see how to default the module etc. All of this used to work but instructions are not at all clear how to make this work on the current version of NWNEE from BeamDog. If anyone has this working please post some helpful details.
    Have you seen this? A little ways down the page under 'Running NWServer - settings' it lists some sample commands. Though -help does nothing on Windows, the other commands seem to work. I tried -autosaveinterval 55 and it worked correctly.