Skip to content

Can't transition between areas in the Underdark Drow City in BG2:EE

coppersworthcoppersworth Member Posts: 5
edited January 2022 in Troubleshooting
Hi All,

I've made it to the drow city and am ready to move into the final stages when I hit a game breaking issue. I can't speaking to NPC (they only just say their dialogue when they speak you click on them, no dialogue boxes appear) and when I try to move between areas, the characters just stand there. There also is no "You must gather your party" sound click even when their should be.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any know work arounds? Older save files work properly, but it always occurs after attempting to head to the temple for the demon summoning.

I do have the ascension mod installed, if that matters.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you are playing on PC and have the cheat console enabled you can teleport between areas using this code;

C:MoveToArea("AR22xx")

the "xx" represents the exact are you teleport to, since there are only 10 areas in ust natha that you can teleport to ( ex; 2201, 2202, 2203 all the way to 2210) you will eventually get to were you are going ( i believe in version 2.6 when you use the cheat console on the left hand side, it gives you the names of all the areas you can teleport to, if so, look for the 2200 areas and then teleport to were you need to go

also to note, this is definitely a mod problem, and something in your mod has made this happen, but unfortunately i don't use this mod, so i have no idea what component could have caused it