Skip to content

Add Title to Player?

Is there a way to add a Title to a Player? For example, taking "Buddywarrior" and making it display (not changing the actual character name on the server side) to "Buddywarrior - Pie Eater".

I see the SetName() does not work on player objects, but make somebody here would have a sneaky trick.

Comments

• Str8TStr8T Member Posts: 18
    If you are doing this for online module you may consider using nwnx and plugin "Rename". There is a function which I think you are looking for:
    /// @brief Set a PC's character name and community name on the player list.
    /// @param oTarget The PC whose name is being overridden.
    /// @param sNewName The new name.
    /// @param sPrefix The prefix for their character name, sometimes used for a color code.
    /// @param sSuffix The suffix for their character name.
    /// @param iPlayerNameState How to change the Community Name, use @ref rename_comm_name_override_type "Community Name Override Type".
    /// @param oObserver If specified, the character name will appear to that specific observer as set, this overrides a global setting.
    /// @note Will not persist through saving, resets or logout.
    void NWNX_Rename_SetPCNameOverride(object oTarget, string sNewName, string sPrefix = "" , string sSuffix = "" ,
                                       int iPlayerNameState = NWNX_RENAME_PLAYERNAME_DEFAULT, object oObserver = OBJECT_INVALID);

• BuddywarriorBuddywarrior Member Posts: 62
    I've been wanting to avoid nwnx:ee... perhaps it's an inevitability.