Skip to content

Home Town - Diablo is alive and well on EE

Chris_theVikingChris_theViking Member Posts: 49

Home Town - Diablo

Viking NorthEast

since 2002

Home Town was created in 2002 to provide a solid action server welcoming to players who wanted to get into the action without a lot of npcs and looking behind trees.

Over the years we have refined and polished the reward systems to best emulate the original Diablo gear schemes. items are modified and named on delivery with random powered affixes. To accommodate the variety of classes we have included several Diablo 2 LOD item sets, uniques and runewords complete with socketing systems. On equip bonus' for full sets, runewords and some unique items as well as some crafted weapons(Iratha's Razor) have on-hit heal effects based on the Heal skill. Hyped up attack speed for players and bosses make this server uniquely exciting with a high action level that even the devs may not have imagined.

The original Diablo campaign with it's 16 levels of dungeons will punish you from all sources as you reach level 16 - 24(varies on build and time spent reaching who we lovingly refer to as little D). After vanquishing Little D you will then make your way east to the Monastery where you will begin to take on the Diablo 2 LOD campaign through Rocky Wastes(no, not south philly), Kurast, Pandemonium Fortress in Hell and then Harrogoth... No, the deal is not done because there is of course three lesser evils to contend with before you must face all three prime evils in "Burning Tristram". Even then it is not over because you will still have Lilith to contend with.

Hosted for EE under Viking NorthEast by Chris theViking
Hosted for 1.69 under Viking Replacement by Melkior Wiseman
The EE server is referred to as the "Nightmare" server as it has a harder difficulty as well as death penalty for post Tristram areas and a harsher penalty for areas following the "acts".
The 1.69 server is has more "casual" elements but will kill your characters just the same.
Creator = Chris theViking
Assistant = Melkior Wiseman
RifleLeroyscreamingpalmtbone1KendrixArgonlolien

Comments

• Chris_theVikingChris_theViking Member Posts: 49
    we've been getting steady traffic since it went up a couple weeks ago, nice to see new and old players joining. More new then old but I've been told that most of the old regs are waiting for release.
    Atrophiederic
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2018
    I was overwhelmed with nostalgia logging in the other day! Wasn't sure if this was the same server I had played, but instantly recognized it. Happy to see it again. Saw your page on FB as well and realized we also live in the same part of the country heh. Cheers from PDX!
    Chris_theViking
    had a really good turn-out for opening day, peaked at 27, held over 20 for several hours and hasn't gone below ten yet.
    tbone1Atrophiederic
  • JPCannonJPCannon Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I tried to play in yours diablo server but any time I do this in connection or after minute/two of play I had crash with error 40964 in NWN logs. Maybe you can do something about that :) Thank!
    Jimbobslimbob
  • estrellanuevestrellanuev Member Posts: 3
    Hello, i played in this server a few minutes ago without problems, for x reason i re-installed the game (wanted to clean some haks from others servers) and now im being auto kicked everytime i try to play, can someone help me?
    The server requires CEP 2.65. Perhaps this is the issue?
    JPCannon said:

Hi. I tried to play in yours diablo server but any time I do this in connection or after minute/two of play I had crash with error 40964 in NWN logs. Maybe you can do something about that :) Thank!

we were using an outside host for a while, we have the server back home now and i think these connection issues should be solved.
  • KinstikKinstik Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I played a lot in this server during 2017, and I'd wish to now check it again. However, I really can't find its IP adress, so I can connect to it in my NWN Diamond Edition. Could someone of you gentlemen help me, please?
  • Orc123321Orc123321 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022
    hello, I can't log into the server. Requires HAK file .. but where to get it is not known
  • Orc123321Orc123321 Member Posts: 2
    hln2i9q20ok5.png
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    The hak file that is missing should be mentioned in a log file. To find it look in your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\logs folder. The probability is that it will be in your nwclientLog1.txt file. Whichever log file it is mentioned in, the name of the hak will be towards the end of that file.

Hope that helps.

TR
  • Lyc64Lyc64 Member Posts: 2
    no HAk or CEp thing to find in it. No chance to get it elswhere or to share this file?