Skip to content

Water Transparency Issue?

Hello! I wasn't sure if anyone else was having this problem besides me, but in case anyone was I wanted to check and see if there was a solution.

One of my favorite details of NWN, at least back in 1.69 days, was its water presentation and the ability to sometimes pretend I was chilling in a bath, but semi-recently in NWN:EE I noticed that when I put the player in water anything below the waterline just disappears whereas before the body could still be seen underwater. Attached is a screenshot where the legs and part of the sword are just...gone.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, is there a fix for it?

73b1roc4fpfd.jpg

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Have you updated to the latest release 8193.34?

I remember reporting this issue a long time ago, but the ticket is no longer visible.

As far as I can see, the issue was fixed. I tested with (and without) Enhanced Lighting and Shiny Water, no problem.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    That is really odd then Proleric because I also am running .34 and have exactly the same problem as OP. It just looks like the Castle Interior and Castle Interior 2 are still using the old water for the Bath tile.
  • ZaukodarZaukodar Member Posts: 10
    Proleric wrote: »
    Have you updated to the latest release 8193.34?

I remember reporting this issue a long time ago, but the ticket is no longer visible.

As far as I can see, the issue was fixed. I tested with (and without) Enhanced Lighting and Shiny Water, no problem.

The game version is confirmed to be 86.8193.34.1, so it isn't a version issue. Something about the water in some areas just will not let the player model exist below the waterline.

As best as I can tell the exterior water surfaces like City Exterior, Streams, etc. will work fine while the interior water surfaces like Castle Interior (1 and 2), City Interior, etc. do not.