Skip to content

Weapon Master Prerequisites

Hi,

I'm playing NWN on ios with a Fighter at level 15. I want to make a Weapon Master but have an INT of only 10 currently so I'm missing 3 INT for eg Whirlwind Attack prerequisite.

My question: can I gain INT by using an i tem like a helmet (Thayvian Circlet) increasing INT and then learning the required feats on level up or is the natural INT without any item booster required to be 13+ for selecting the feat? If so: is there still a chance to get to a natural INT of 13 in the game at level 15? I understood I'll gain another chance to increase INT on level up at lvl 16 and 20 and then no more --> would make a maximum of 12 INT and no chance for the Weapon Master anymore.....?

Thank you
N.

Comments

• CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    INT bonuses from items and spells don't count towards feat and class requirements.

Unfortunately you can't get base 13 INT until LVL 24.

I've made this mistake before and it was a restart for me, 😢.

To be sure you qualify in a new game you've gotta take 12 or 13 INT at LVL 1 so you can become a weaponmaster as early as possible.

12 INT on new game would get you more skills per LVL.
  • NassauerNassauer Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!

Another question on the Weapon Master: advancing a Weapon Master level after a fighter career --> do I still have the fighter benefits - especially being able to use a full plate? Are there any disadvantages / losses compared to the fighter (apart from xp)? Details of this multiclass thing have always been kinda mystery to me...
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    You still get all the Fighter benefit's, being a Warrior prestige class they blend perfectly.

The benefit is getting higher critical multipliers, a weapon with x2 crit gets x3, a weapon with x3 gets x4.

7 lvls of Weaponmaster is all that's needed to get the special abilities.

A LVL 17 Fighter cannot match the damage output of a 10 fighter / 7 Weaponmaster, especially when the WM gets a critical.