Skip to content

Storing items

Hi there,

A quick question: what do you do with items you don't use at the moment but will want to keep for a later date? Can you, say, kill someone living alone and then use the containers in that house and will it then be stored for the rest of the game, or do items dissappear?

Comments

• Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    Unless something has changed, you should be able to store your "spare" items in any container. Just be sure to remember where you put your stash!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I use the barrel outside the Jovial Juggler in Beregost and the barrel outside of the Elf Song Tavern in Baldur's Gate.

Some places have multiple containers which make sorting convenient.
  • 24jel24jel Member Posts: 71
    Cool! Thanks.
  • ChosenUndeadChosenUndead Member Posts: 9
    Yeah it's sad that modern conventions didn't exist when baldur's gate released, but it's always cool when there are work arounds.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    24jel said:

Can you, say, kill someone living alone and then use the containers in that house and will it then be stored for the rest of the game, or do items dissappear?

You don't need to kill anyone, just put your stuff in any container you come across. They don't respawn and NPCs never go into them. So your stuff will be safe anywhere.

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Wow is this the most extreme example of thread necromancy we've had? 2012... I thought the world was gonna end... shouldn't have max'd out on all my credit cards and told my boss to shove it. Oops.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Oh crap, I didn't realize how old this thread was. I had never seen it before and just assumed it was new. I hate when I do that!
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Belanos I guess it is too late to be sorry now, eh? ))
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    lol double necro on this thread :D
  • GimmickGimmick Member Posts: 7
    Just waiting for Phoenix Guards to appear...
  • CoachRDWCoachRDW Member Posts: 3
    They'll be here any moment ...
  • Phoenix_GuardPhoenix_Guard Member Posts: 1
    Ah, ye fools, ye really shouldn't have disturbed my grave site. It was not easy faking my own death and I'll not have it ruined by your meddling. Face ye your own death and the hell-flames that go with it!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    :)
  • hfmhfm Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2023
    Thx this also answers my question. I suppose the same holds true in BG2:EE? I never understood the problem with thread necro, isn't it better than having 13 threads for the same topic?