Skip to content

How do I get the Debug Mode console to appear in BG2:EE?

Google said to go to documents > Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition, then open up Baldur.lua and add the line: SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options' , 'Debug Mode' , '1') (it doesn't mention where in the document this line belongs so I assumed it didn't matter and put it at the very bottom). When I added this and then opened BG2:EE and pressed "CTRL + SPACEBAR" like I was told all it did was pause the game. (which makes sense because space is the pause button but this is what many sites told me to do).

Also, I noticed that in the Baldur.lua document the ' , ' punctuation marks don't have a space between them so after doing it his way didn't work I changed it to SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') like every other line of text seemed to do and it didn't fix anything.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2022
    Try the suggestions in this thread please.
    There seemed to be others with your problem, some because they left the game open while adding the line (which then overwrites the changes) and some because they were editing an old .lua file in the wrong directory.