Skip to content

Veteran cRPG Player, New to BG series

I tried playing Baldur's Gate about 20 years ago, and I just could not get into it. I moved on to Mechwarrior 2. Starting with Neverwinter, I later fell in love with cRPGs. I even became quite good at modding them. I had 200+ mods working perfectly with Skyrim using the advanced patching and load order applications. After this long period of time, I purchased the whole 3-part BG EE series, and try it again. But this time I want to play with my favorite kit and subrace from 2nd ed, a Grey Elf Bladesinger and unify the game in EET. I am also interested fix packs, content restorations, some mechanical improvements/QoL like SCS, and maybe a quest mod or two to cover obvious dropped plots or missing features. I just am SO LOST on where to begin! So here I am!

Comments

• KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    Welcome to the forum, MindTyrant!

I almost envy you for yet being able to play the BG series for the first time.
    Don't play with mods myself (the few times I tried to add as much as voice sets to BG or IWD, something else stopped working properly), but there are people here who will be able to help you.
    Have fun.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    Welcome to the forum! :)

Enjoy the storyline and many adventures awaiting you as you do your first playthrough! B)
  • MindTyrantMindTyrant Member Posts: 22
    Thank you both for the well-wishes!