Skip to content

NWNEE crashes with modules on linux/OSx

DarkavDarkav Member Posts: 1
edited February 2022 in NWN:EE Modules
HI,

I am setting up a server, where I want to play "Eye of the Beholder" with some friends.
The module is setup on the server, and a friend with Windows can connect to it (after copying the .mod and hack files).
However, If I do the same with a linux or OSx client, NWNEE crashes when connecting to the server.

Any ad idea in howto fix this?

Also, I see that I can download "Eye of the Beholder 5.4" directly from NWNEE (New -> Community, etc). but apparently the content downloaded in this way are not "available" when connecting to a server (with the same mod/hack installed!) . NWNEE says "Missing required Hak file". Why??????

Comments

• ArchprogrammerArchprogrammer Member Posts: 3
    Does the module work locally?

I've experienced crashes with the Linux client due to broken resources having names longer than 31 characters. So far I've fixed this by unpacking the hak files, renaming the resources and re-packing it. (I've also tried raising a support ticket with Beamdog, but unfortunately it was classified as WONTFIX due to this being an error in the haks - not in NWN, even if it is a bit frustrating that this "works" with the windows client which apparently does not implement bounds checking for these names and thus trashes memory instead).

If it's not that I'm afraid I don't know.