Skip to content

How can I move the NWN folder from My Documents?

I didn't realize at first, so I didn't make a big deal out of It when I learned that NWN:EE Installed a folder under my documents, where the mods and haks go, but the folder Is In my very limited space SSD, so I'd very much like to move It elsewhere. How can I go about doing that?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Atrophiederic

Comments

• TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2018
    You can modify nwn.ini (in your Documents folder) so that it uses different locations for thing like haks/overrides/modules/etc.

I use it to point to my NWN 1.69 folders so that I don't have to duplicate any of the content I use.

The NWN folder will still exist in your Documents folder, but all the large files can be stored elsewhere.
    PhantomizerAtrophiedericJuliusBorisovthemazingness
  • PhantomizerPhantomizer Member Posts: 76
    TYVM, I'll check that out!
    AtrophiedericJuliusBorisov
    Well, I went and changed the folder directories and now I can't save mods In the toolset, because apparently they are campaign mods? Not sure where I went wrong, lmao
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I recently had similar problems. If I'm able to remember what I did correctly, it was something like - by right clicking the Documents folder and selecting properties (or whatever the option is called in English) and selecting the "Location" tab, you can change the drive your Documents is actually on to the bigger drive.

Most programmes seems to innately recognise this change, but for nwn1 I also had to change the location in the .init file already mentioned to reflect the new address.
    PhantomizerJuliusBorisov
    scriver said:

I recently had similar problems. If I'm able to remember what I did correctly, it was something like - by right clicking the Documents folder and selecting properties (or whatever the option is called in English) and selecting the "Location" tab, you can change the drive your Documents is actually on to the bigger drive.

Most programmes seems to innately recognise this change, but for nwn1 I also had to change the location in the .init file already mentioned to reflect the new address.

I didn't know you could do that, tyvm!
    JuliusBorisov
  • DMVeilDMVeil Member Posts: 4
    scriver wrote: »

You taught me something new, thank you! Found this thread thanks to google and just want to say thanks.
    JuliusBorisovscriver
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    DMVeil wrote: »

You taught me something new, thank you! Found this thread thanks to google and just want to say thanks.

Ditto. I just got a new computer, and I was sure it was a .ini file, but I just wasn't sure where and which one. Thanks!
    scriver
  • MolotovanzaMolotovanza Member Posts: 1

Wow, that's amazing, thanks for this little trick :)