Skip to content

Stat checks in dialogues?

AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
Hi. So I've been toying with the idea of making a mod to introduce stat checks in the BG dialogues for a while now and after I picked up a good way to do it (thanks again, CamDawg), I figured I'd try it. But it's shaping up to be quite a bit of work and so rather than sink in who knows how many hours into it only for it to go over like a wet fart when finished, I figured I'd ask first if there's any sort of interest in anything like that.

To better illustrate the idea, I've whipped up a video showing off the different ways I've introduced to resolve an encounter in the Nashkel Mines (spoilers for that early area if anyone hasn't played it:

So anyone interested? And if it turns out there is interest, feel free to suggest any encounters/dialogs in need of jazzing up.

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Personally I'd love it.

New dialogue options with NPCs depending on how high is the PCs charisma or intelligence is always fun. Wisdom playing the role of insight/perception to figure out lies and find out more than the NPC in question intended to reveal is very nice too. Strength used for intimidation perhaps?
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    I like this and I am interested.
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    Definitely would add some variety to character build which the game currently lacks. As being a wizard main character in a 6 char party isn't that meaningful when someone else can do your job better like Edwin and his amulet :-P
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    I would love to see stat (and skill) checks in BG.
  • ValfreyjaValfreyja Member Posts: 9
    This is amazing. I'd love this to be a common feature throughout.

Some ideas: resolve the flaming fist soldier after Viconia peacefully.

Intimidate away or persuade the bounty hunters you aren't who they think you are.

Convince bandits of the bandit camp you belong there.

Negotiating for better quest rewards.

• Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    I always dream that someone would add these in, class/stat based convo options