Skip to content

Looking for a roleplaying PW

kalekale Member Posts: 53
Hello,

I've been looking for a PW in GERMAN that is somewhat alive and kicking, with a definite focus on role-playing and preferably in the FR. Back in the day there were a good number of PWs out there (Hochwaldallianz being one of them), but none of them exist anymore.

Alternatively, I could also do with an English-speaking PW; I know of Arelith, but I'm not really familiar with it or any alternatives. Again, my focus would definitely be on roleplaying with a "realistic" character development that doesn't allow for the server to be populated by hoards of level 20> demi-gods.

What choices do I have? Are roleplaying PWs actually still a thing? Are most of them based on the EE nowadays? (Are there any PWs that still use NWN2?).

Comments

• BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    It's not German, but the Thay and the Underdark PW tries to maintain realistic character development with a focus on RPing and enjoying the journey, not just the destination, since players don't see exactly how much XP their character is accumulating (i.e. - we have a level progress bar vs tracking exact numbers). We have a level cap of 25, but it takes real-time years for a character to reach that. Most of the characters you'll meet are in the level 5-10 range. This is mainly since Thay is very true to 2nd edition AD&D source lore, so it is meant to be more of a low-to-mid-range level server.

It's not for everyone, but you're certainly welcome to check it out.
    https://thaypw.com
  • DawdleslogDawdleslog Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2022
    Yeah EE has players. Like 99 percent of the populated servers are some degree of roleplay required, but I ain't noticed any German ones; Euro times might be a little iffy too, on some of 'em. This is the NWN EE public server list https://nwn.beamdog.net/

If any of those look alright to you, then alright. As far as low level goes, I've found Haze Saltborne, The Easting Reach, Escape from U* or Impiltur: The Forgotten Kingdom. EFU might be suffer from OOCly antagonistic PVP/DMs, just what I've heard and am so warning you, but it could even be wrong.