Skip to content

Stuck on HUGE 4.0 UI scale - how to reset to default? Total FUBAR

XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
edited March 2022 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I accidentally selected the biggest scale (usually I have 1.4 to 1.6 - now it's stuck on MASSIVE scale, making the game unplayable because I can't get past the main start options, as the options bit is "below" the bottom of where my 43" VDU screen is, as it were.

Is there a way to reset it?

I've tried uninstalling NWNEE using steam, CCleaner the registry entries, uninstalled Steam, CCleaner the registry entries...no joy, I think because the settings are cloud saved to Steam.

I then tried uninstalling the Beamdog client, CCleaner the registry again, then reinstalling the client and NWNEE to a new folder, nope it still is stuck on huge scale, how on Earth does it know?

Thankfully I saved my saves folder so I didn't lose those.

Will I have to uninstall and delete the entire game from Beamdog and steam then re-purchase it?

£39.99 for the original Digi Deluxe plus ALL the modules is a lot of money to do this!

I can't be the only one with this issue?

nwn.ini does not hold the display settings, otherwise I'd have tried that.
Is tthis an oversight not to include a reset to default timeout that reverts back to default on not clicking 'keep new settings?

Even a start NWN in "Safe Mode" would be handy.
Post edited by Xorina on

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Not certain but you could try this -

Edit your nwn.ini file. It's just plain text. Look for -
    [Video Options]
    SetUIScale=*x*

Where *x* is a number and try changing that to 1.4.

Hope that works for you.

TR
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 126
    Exit the game and open "settings.tml" in your "Documents/Neverwinter Nights" folder. Scroll down until you see a "[ui]" header and change the "scale" option to 1.0 or whatever you want, save the file and start the game.
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    edited March 2022
    Alas, that is not in documents, nor can I find it in

C: program files (x86) > steam > steamapps > common > Neverwinter Nights

Perhaps I could make a new settings file?
    Besides, .tml can't be opened.

I've created a .txt file called nwn.ini with the entry [Video Options] SetUIScale=1.5

Post edited by Xorina on
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2022
    Re. Documents. When you install Neverwinter Nights EE on Windows a Neverwinter Nights folder is created automatically. You have to have it for the game/toolset to know where to get user made stuff. It's in Documents because Microsoft encourages game makers to use it.

Re. tml file - It's just a structured (as in its got various headings in square brackets) plain text file. Right-click on it and select open with and choose notepad.

TR
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    OK, this seems top have resolved itself. Am unsure how but I'm not complaining!

Thank-you TarotRedhand and Daz...