Skip to content

Henchman scripts moved/not available?

Hi all
I am trying to create a henchman and am following Huntsmans Guide

The problem comes when I get to step 9:
'Load Script Set' button, and in the window that opens click on the file called 'set_xp1_henchmen.ini'

When I click Load Script Set, there is no file called 'set_xp1_henchmen.ini'

Anyone know where I will find them?
Thanks

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    If you bought the game from Beamdog (and depending whether you are using the development version) it can be found in the following folders -

\Beamdog\00785\data\scr - both set_xp1_henchmen.ini and set_xp2_henchmen.ini
    \Beamdog\00829\data\scr - both set_xp1_henchmen.ini and set_xp2_henchmen.ini
    \Beamdog\00840\data\scr - both set_xp1_henchmen.ini and set_xp2_henchmen.ini

You are probably better off using set_xp2_henchmen.ini if you want your players to have full access to the henchies inventory, be able to equip them with better gear, etc.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    IIRC, if you use the Load Script Set button, you can find them by navigating to a different subfolder within Documents\NeverwinterNights - erf, I think - not at my desk right now to check.

@TarotRedhand as a last resort, those files could be copied from data\scr to the correct subfolder in Documents\NeverwinterNights, but don't you need NWNExplorer from Github to do that?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2022
    @Proleric Just double checked my Documents\NeverwinterNights\erf folder and the only things in there are all erf files. There is, however, a scripttemplates folder which is empty. I wonder if those *.ini files should be copied there? If so, is this an oversight by BD?

I also did an experiment. For it I am going to assume that all 3 scr folders operate the same. To cut a long story short, I just did a drag and drop copy of set_xp2_henchmen.ini to the scripttemplates folder in Documents with no problems. Not surprising really as these *.ini files are really just structured plain text files. Opened with notepad++ and copied to the clipboard to paste below -
    [ResRefs]
    OnBlocked=x0_ch_hen_block
    OnDamaged=x0_ch_hen_damage
    OnDeath=x2_hen_death
    OnConversation=x0_ch_hen_conv
    OnDisturbed=x0_ch_hen_distrb
    OnCombatRoundEnd=x0_ch_hen_combat
    OnHeartbeat=x0_ch_hen_heart
    OnPhysicalAttacked=x0_ch_hen_attack
    OnPerception=x0_ch_hen_percep
    OnRested=x0_ch_hen_rest
    OnSpawn=x0_ch_hen_spawn
    OnSpellCast=x2_hen_spell
    OnUserDefined=x0_ch_hen_usrdef

TR
  • meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 149
    Yes, they should go in scripttemplates I believe.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Yes, on reflection, I think what I did was redirect the toolset to \erf, then copy the templates there from 1.69, which works for me, but \scripttemplates was probably intended by Beamdog.

Now I'm back at my desk, I can see that the files in \Beamdog\00785\data\scr can be copied to \scripttemplates without any special tools.

That would be a better solution than redirecting the toolset to \Beamdog\00785\data\scr, because the game installation should never be changed (the next release would wipe out the changes).

Sorry for any confusion.