Skip to content

Confusion over equipment

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited April 2016
    I need to check it for myself. It's possible the items aren't saved.
    Anyway, as soon as I'm up to this point, I'll confirm (or infirm).
    You can reload a prologue save and cheat yourself a bag of holding (CTRL+SPACE and C:CreateItem("BAG04")) to transport all items. Or you can install my recent mod.

Edit: it seems that unequipped items will be transferred. So, if you have enough inventory space, that's one way of keeping yout equipment.
    Post edited by Abel on
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Can anyone confirm that Dorn's equipped items are handled correctly?

For me they aren't. Only the stuff he carried in his inventory slots before leaving Korlasz' Tomb is transferred into the ducal palace chest. He is handled just like the companions that will be unavailable in SOD. All his equipped items are gone. His ancient equipment from BGEE reappears even. His Rancor +1 sword I had sold to some merchant in Beregost or Nashkel, but it reappears in SOD. He was fighting with The World's Edge +3, Spider's Bane +2 and Albruin +1 in BGEE and in Korlasz' Tomb.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited June 2016
    Intended behaviour:

Any gear in companion's backpacks is deposited in your chest. Any equipped gear is kept by your companions.

Exception: Imoen's gear (including equipped gear) is deposited in Imoen's chest in the palace.

If you meet a companion in SoD who has been in your party at any time they should have the same gear that they had when you last saw them.

Bug:

Sometimes "unmet" versions of NPCs will spawn with default equipment. This will also cause spells known, proficiencies, skills and tome ability score upgrades to be reset.

The cause of this bug, and how to reproduce it, is unknown.

Post edited by Fardragon on
    edited June 2016
    To sum up:

Dorn has been with me all the time since BGEE and also in Korlasz Tomb, too, using good items from BGEE. Then when leaving the early dungeon, somehow he decides to wander off somewhere, and the crusaders decide to imprison him, put him into a cage in their camp at Boaresky bridge "naked". They also bring back his ancient equipment from BGEE, which I had sold before, and put it into a chest.

Seriously?
    Post edited by Belfaldurnik on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2017
    @Belfaldurnik If you've got a final BGEE save I can check out this bug
    Post edited by elminster on
    Good to know. I've posted a link to a webupload at Steam. Two savegames.
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2016
    Same problem with Dorn absolutely RUINED my entire game. Don't even want to continue was looking forward to getting him back to most. Default equipment default rolled shitty 66 HP at level 8 should be 80 and was 80 in prologue.

Disgusting fix PLEASE

Lost Helm of Balduran , Full Plate Mail, +3 World Breaker sword, +2 Dead Shot Longbow, Varscona, a +2AC Cloak, a fire resistence ring, and a pair of paws of the cheeta, Nevermind he was my 2nd planned frontliner with the PC.

So yeah lost my BEST character and all my best equipment. THANKS!

Sure I could CLUA the items in but his HP is absolutely garbage now.
    Yep, it's game-breaking. For my playthrough, Dorn had an important role to fill as primary melee warrior.

Here's the "warning" I've posted: http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/357288572127760702/

Didn't even notice that his HP is reset, too, since as one can learn in that topic, his dialogue may also be broken, and he immediately wanders off to the coalition's camp without prior talking about it (he answers something without the protagonist saying something to him and with no option to let him join immediately when freeing him). I stopped playing when I could only find his basic original items in the chest and not his good stuff from the prologue. I guess I can forget about the entire playthrough now and do some replanning.

Just checked whether what you write about the HP decrease is true. It is! I went back to the camp with haste, and he is down to 200,000 XP and 66 HP when levelling up.
    edited June 2016
    Download EE keepers and load your save game and fix Dorns HP , proficiencies, and gear from your Prologue. That should fix your issue as it fixed mine. Far faster then starting the game over or praying for a bugfix.

its a nice addon though glad i downloaded it because of this bug.

For instance

Edwin has 10str and 10 wis in SoD DEFAULT but if you do BGEE he carries his 9 str 9 wis.

Same for Viconia her 15 Wis in BGEE and 18! Wis in SoD so if you KEPT the tomes till SoD she would have 21 Wis. Which is fucking huge. at level 8 she can do 4 level 5 spells now.

I just said fuck it and added her wisdom up while i fixed my dorn. I guess since its a BGEE - BGEEToB playthrough I'll just keep their stats consistent through each playthrough.

Plus you can give Viccy her badass SoD picture for BG2 and BGEE i hate her BGEE one and its way better then her BG2EE one. Imoens SoD picture is fabulous too and Jaherias BG1 > BG2.

ALSO something I noticed from BG1 - SoD. BGEE characters that are in BGSoD AND NOT IN YOUR PARTY keep the gear they have. so if you keep your evil and good parties in the same playthrough deced out you will be fairly well off. There is mor ethen enough gear to go around. in BGEE

stock them up with items since all your gold gets dumped. buy shit to vendor so you can buy all the arrows and extra healing potions.

~~~~
    anyway. The issue i think is that they created a new dorn to put in the cage when they gear stripped him and it just fucks with him and makes a default. Should of just left his gear on him and shoved him in the cage instead and this bug may of never happened.
    I'm aware of EEKeeper but think the game should be fixed instead. A few quality updates would be good for Beamdog.
    Anaxie said:

Same for Viconia her 15 Wis in BGEE and 18! Wis in SoD so if you KEPT the tomes till SoD she would have 21 Wis. Which is fucking huge. at level 8 she can do 4 level 5 spells now.

A fruitless undertaking. In BG2EE all NPC companions are reset to BG2EE defaults once more.

Viccy has WIS 17 in SOD for me, because of giving the NPCs some of the Tomes in BGEE.

Anyway, I don't mind returning to an older save. Currently I only want to experience a pure gnome assassin all the way upwards into BG2EE.
    A followup here, too:

The dialogue with Dorn does not start, if opening his cage door early. He only says on sentence and leaves to the camp immediately.

But if talking to the two trolls in the cage first, which want to be freed (but there is no door to do that), Dorn interrupts the talk and tells his story. Then one can free him and let him join the party, too. This time he had 250,000 XP because my main character had 250,774 XP already. Since the NPCs' XP boost depends on the main character, less than 250,000 meant only 200,000 for Dorn the last time.
  • DangerousWhelpDangerousWhelp Member Posts: 6

P.S. Sorry for the spelling and grammar, I did try my best.

I love how people who speak English PERFECTLY always do this. /offtopic

OKAY now this is really weird.

Neera was also buggered in my same save but reverted to her BG1 state once I hit chapter 10.
    @elminster
    Have you been able to reproduce the issue with the two savegames?
    edited June 2016
    The save games themselves have helped cut down on the possibilities. I'm still narrowing down the list. You were obviously using a custom portrait. Any other mods?

Edit: We've got a repro case. But we can only replicate it using your save.
    edited June 2016
    No mods at all.

A custom portrait is considered a mod? The default game displays such portraits if found in the folder!

Maybe @Anaxie can chime in?
    edited June 2016
    Edit: Nevermind.
    edited June 2016
    Ya it happend again on a 2nd Fresh BGEE - SOD playthrough.

Rassad , Neera, Dorn

reverted to default SoD state.

Not enjoying this bug. No longer have saves finished game again. but it's absolutely happening.
  • ThrairThrair Member Posts: 10
    Does this happen only the first time you meet them? Or can it reoccur throughout a campaign, while they're in your party?
  • jnalves10jnalves10 Member Posts: 24
    This bug needs a fix, really, just happened to me after meeting dynaheir with no equipment or spells learned at all. Minsc as well who was in my party in the main game, has none of the equipment I left him with after the initial dungeon. Look at his beamdog...
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Was this bug ever fixed?