Skip to content

[SOLVED???] How do I properly use DLC Merger and install mods?

Dalaron_OdarethDalaron_Odareth Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in BG:EE Mods
The issue I originally has been solved. I just uninstalled the game, after backing up my Saves, and then re-ran DLC Merger, went with the recommended "create workshop folder" option and named it "sod-dlc" and then ran the bg1ub and installed it one by one.

It all appeared to run smoothly and successfully installed. However, to test it I ran back the the Friendly Arm Inn in both my Chapter 4 save and my Chapter 2 save, and in neither did he appear. (Unless he doesn't appear by the entrance, path toward the Inn, or inside the Inn itself.) Is that not the chapters it would normally happen? Let's hope it worked!!

Hello everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is a redundant post, I'm bad at using forums and have not really modded any games before. So I'm a little slow on the uptake.

I want to install the Unfinished Business Mod so that I can play all that unfinished and left out content. I looked it up on youtube and saw that one needs to have DLC Merger installed if they wish to mod their BG:EE+SoD.

I downloaded the win zip and extracted the DLC Merger into the steam/steamapp/common/BGEE folder. Ran it, and created the Workshop folder it the file mod (comes up as a VLC file on my comp?).

I then extracted the BG1UB into the Workshop folder but it didn't run. ("no game directory")
So then I took it out of the Workshop folder and just tried running it in the general game folder. It ran, but when it came to actually installing the components, the first one being the Ice Island Two Restoration, it gives me ":ERROR: Failure (DLC Merger is required)" so I do not know what to do.

This is my first time attempting to do this and I have no idea how to proceed.

Your help would be appreciated.

P.S.: Sorry if this has been put in the wrong category. I tried doing BGEE Modding but I only was none English options?
Post edited by Dalaron_Odareth on

Comments

• CrxifictionCrxifiction Member Posts: 13
    "the file mod (comes up as a VLC file on my comp?)."

Vlc has been set to be the default program to open that file type.

"I downloaded the win zip and extracted the DLC Merger into the steam/steamapp/common/BGEE folder. Ran it, and created the Workshop folder it"

Is there a chitinkey?

"I then extracted the BG1UB into the Workshop folder but it didn't run. ("no game directory")
    So then I took it out of the Workshop folder and just tried running it in the general game folder. It ran, but when it came to actually installing the components, the first one being the Ice Island Two Restoration, it gives me ":ERROR: Failure (DLC Merger is required)" so I do not know what to do."

Try reinstalling your copy in another directory like move your steam directory out of Program files then put the dlcmerger installer in the game directory with chitin key prob outside any folder mine is from gog (C:BGEE) then run it once and follow instructions (confirm to install everything it installs) . After that place your other mods B1UB in that same directory and run it. I'm new too so there maybe others that can help you more if this doesn't work
  • GregorIIGregorII Member Posts: 14
    Been trying to install this for three hours without success. Even deleted the game and started with a clean install. I got the game through Steam. My game installation directory is in Program Files. The chitin key and the setup.exe are both in there. I ran the setup as an Administrator. Seemed to install fine. But whenever I try to install a mod after it, every component says NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS. This is all so incredibly frustrating.
  • BGHelpOutBGHelpOut Member Posts: 6
    GregorII wrote: »
    Been trying to install this for three hours without success. Even deleted the game and started with a clean install. I got the game through Steam. My game installation directory is in Program Files. The chitin key and the setup.exe are both in there. I ran the setup as an Administrator. Seemed to install fine. But whenever I try to install a mod after it, every component says NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS. This is all so incredibly frustrating.

Gregorll did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem. Install merger, seems to have installed, then any mod after is NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS.