Skip to content

Failing to extract items properties

Hello!

Some context: I am scripting an item rating calculator for a low magic server so we can remove items deemed too powerful from the loot tables (all in DB). Now, I have been trying to figure out a way to extract item properties for a week and I am still no closer to a solution.

I have resorted to the nwnx:ee libraries (hoping someone have some ideas). The code below is a simple script that should in theory extract items properties using nwnx:ee function and put them in the chat, but they all return 0 no matter what. I am using that script on a chest event disturbed.

Here is the link to the Item Property Function I am trying to use

I was not too familiar with struct before but after some research and reading I think I am using it as it should. Anything obvious I might have missed ?

PS: I did try to extract the properties using the more standard Get2DAStringand GetItemProperty methods and got some results, but the documentation around all it is a nightmare. If anyone has any pointer in that matter I would also be interested.
#include "nwnx_itemprop"

void main()
{
    object oPlayer = GetLastUsedBy();
    object oItem = GetFirstItemInInventory(OBJECT_SELF);
    itemproperty ipLoop = GetFirstItemProperty(oItem);

if (GetInventoryDisturbType() == INVENTORY_DISTURB_TYPE_ADDED)
    {
        struct NWNX_IPUnpacked n = NWNX_ItemProperty_UnpackIP(ipLoop);

while(GetIsItemPropertyValid(ipLoop))
        {
            struct NWNX_IPUnpacked n = NWNX_ItemProperty_UnpackIP(ipLoop);
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "-----");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "sID:"+n.sID+"");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "nProperty: "+IntToString(n.nProperty)+"");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "nSubType: "+IntToString(n.nSubType)+"");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "nCostTable: "+IntToString(n.nCostTable)+"");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "nCostTableValue: "+IntToString(n.nCostTableValue)+"");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "nParam1: "+IntToString(n.nParam1)+"");
            SendMessageToPC(oPlayer, "nParam1Value: "+IntToString(n.nParam1Value)+"");

ipLoop = GetNextItemProperty(oItem);
        }
    }
}

Thanks !!

Comments