Skip to content

NG+ like mod for BG2?

MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
Hey everyone,

Recently I started wondering, is there any NG+ (New Game Plus) like mod for Baldur's Gate? New Game Plus is a common trend this days which allows you to start over with your endgame party.

There are many ways games implement NG+. But in short, every time you start with imported party that finished SOA/TOB all enemies would get significant boosts to their HP & levels.

The way I was thinking it could work for BG2 would be. You import characters from the endgame. If your character has global attribute assigned, let's day GAME_X of value 1, then enemies get bonuses based on that number.

For example NG+1 would mean enemies get HP bonus of 1*50 HP, NG+2 would be 2*50 HP. Or maybe percentage based so make smoother curve NG+1 would be ((1*25)% HP + 20 HP), so enemy with 100 HP would get 145 HP, but enemy with 1000 HP would get 1270.

Similarly to this implement other stat bonuses like extra levels. I don't think increasing Thac0/AC would make sense as by the end of ToB they have capped Thac0 and AC anyways. Increasing Saving Throws would be meh too as it would just make one build meta while making others bad.

Any thoughts? Anything similar to this already exists?

Comments

• AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Legacy of Bhaal difficulty setting is essentially this
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    Allbrother wrote: »
    Legacy of Bhaal difficulty setting is essentially this

Imo LOB is just another difficulty level, but it's not designed for import. LOB is hard but it is designed for party as is, I always place on SCS + LOB with my parties from lvl 1 through the trilogy, if I would import then I would stomp over LOB.