Skip to content

Tutorial List and Essential Downloads (especially if you are new to scripting)

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
First you need The Guide to Building Volume I – The Aurora Toolset Manual. Why? Because it tells you about the built-in scripting wizard, where to find it and how use it.

Next you need the Lexicon. If you are on Windows you'll want the Offline version. On other platforms you are advised to use the Online version instead. Note that the offline version only covers up to version 1.69 of NwN. See here for a list of all the new scripting commands that EE introduces. All versions contain a wealth of information including tutorials.

Next grab the scripting FAQs (Frequently Asked (scripting) Questions, with answers). It contains well over a hundred of the most frequently "How do I..." questions and supplies answers to them.

Last thing to download (for now) is the LS-TK Script Generator (Lilac Soul’s Script Generator, updated for NWN 1.69)

Finally the tutorials list is to be found here in this pinned thread on the vault.

TR

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    ...Next you need the Lexicon. If you are on Windows you'll want the Offline version. On other platforms you are advised to use the Online version instead...

TR
    The online Lexicon is easy to use and up-to-date. I recommend starting there, regardless of platform.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    There are pros and cons to both versions which are detailed on the project page for the offline version.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    I admire your persistence, but these days it's misleading to keep pushing the out-of-date offline version. Just look, for example, at the sheer number of changes for EE which are only available online.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one for the reasons I outlined on that project page. BTW, if you look at my original post you'll see I already posted that link.

TR
  • BeaverMageBeaverMage Member Posts: 20
    If you prefer video tutorials this is where I learned the basics. It also has a section to teach you toolset so you can familiarize yourself with everything.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrHansonVideos
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    First Norton stopped me from downloading -
    I've been trying to download these files but internet explorer and chrome are blocking too. Not sure what's up. Message sayin that it is a malicious download?
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    Got it fixed -