Skip to content

Any mod to play without tob content for EE ?

I wonder if anybody created a mod to the EE versions to mostly remove Tob content ?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    I don't know about that, but it's not hard to remove the ToB content with self-imposed rules.
    - Don't visit Watcher's Keep.
    - Don't hit the level-up button once a character reaches 3 million total XP (the old cap was 2.95 million).
    - Don't continue the game after beating SoA.

After all, the ToB stuff wasn't sprinkled into the rest of the game. It was an expansion, adding on to the end of things. And the only ToB area you can even access before entering the campaign proper is WK.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Thanks @jmerry didnt you remember which merchants were added by tob ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Were there merchants added by ToB? I don't actually know much about the status of the SoA-only game.

Diedre and Joluv were added by something - I think a "special edition" bonus of some type - before being made standard t a later point. You could skip those two, I suppose.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Diedre and Joluv were available in the Collector's Edition, pre-ToB. IIRC they were released as free downloads later on, again without installing ToB.

TBH, the biggest change that you could easily not do yourself is to never hit Tab to highlight containers/things on the ground- that was added in ToB.