Skip to content

What's the lowest/cheapest GPU for 1440p or 4K @ max settings @ 75 fps?

As per title. My 1070ti has died, and I'll be adjusting its replacement in order to make sure I max NWN:EE out for its most demanding modules, at least within reason.

Within reason means never falling below 40 fps but not necessarily hitting a consistent 75 fps lock in literally every single most demanding and/or least optimized module. Within reason also means that not all visual improvements are worth their performance/money cost, because NWN:EE is not about photographic realism anyway.

Based on my 1070ti I already know that even a 1060 would be mostly fine, but to go above 60fps with all settings maxed perhaps not even a 1080 will always suffice, more like 1080ti. And at the price of a used 1080ti, it really makes no sense not to pay 20% extra for the cheapest 6600XT with warranty (non-XT 6600 sometimes dips below 1080ti performance levels), versus the very realistic risk of the 1080ti dying on you within 2 years and denying you its resale value.

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Consider a gtx 1650. I don't bother looking at the frame rate but it serves me well and works with all the games I've thrown at it so far (Prey, Borderlands 3, etc.). For a little more oomph there is also a 1660 ti.

TR